Question PC suddenly soft rebooted, not sure how to troubleshoot ?

Mar 19, 2022
Build List
CPU-Z Info Pastebin
GPU-Z Screenshot

Hello, my PC just soft rebooted while I was streaming a game. In other words, the screen when black and I went back to the Windows login screen, but the RGB on the hardware was on the whole time. This is concerning because it happened twice the night before, and both those times I wasn't playing a game or anything intensive. I suspected it was a GPU issue, since shortly after my build was complete (for reference, I've been using this PC for about 2 weeks), the VGA LED light would light up when I boot my PC, but then would then go away after a few seconds and boot normally.

Since I didn't know when the soft reboot would happen again, I tried to approach the issue from the perspective of hardware. I initially assumed it was maybe a bad connection between the PSU and the GPU, so I redid the PCIE connectors to the GPU. But when I booted the PC, the CPU LED light would light up. This was the initial obstacle I had when I built my PC, since the motherboard needed a BIOS update to use the CPU. So I had to take out the AIO block and CPU, and then flash update the motherboard BIOS. (Yes, I should've tried clearing CMOS first but oh well.) But now several LED lights would light up briefly on startup: first the DRAM, then the VGA, then boot. Afterwards it booted normally. When I booted I reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers with the clean install option, and here we are now.

I don't know what to do next to diagnose the issue. I'm now suspecting a motherboard issue, which I really hope it isn't, given how much work it would be to take out the motherboard for RMA.

Mar 19, 2022
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some related error code(s) just before or at the time of the reboots.

I looked at event viewer and did not see anything that points to a specific issue. It only acknowledged a sudden reboot. I'll look into reliability history next.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately a "specific issue" can be a bit rare.

Look for combinations of errors, warnings, and even informational events being present. Some pattern of sorts.

If nothing found or noted then the next step is to look for possible file corruption or buggy files.

Three things to do:

1) Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

2) Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

3) Check Update History for any problem updates.

Mar 19, 2022
Unfortunately a "specific issue" can be a bit rare.

Look for combinations of errors, warnings, and even informational events being present. Some pattern of sorts.

If nothing found or noted then the next step is to look for possible file corruption or buggy files.

Three things to do:

1) Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

2) Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

3) Check Update History for any problem updates.

So I did all that you said. Apparently sfc /scannow fixed some corrupted files but I don't know if the root issue is fixed. I also looked closer in the event viewer and found this error. Looking online, people say it's been causing all sort of issues, but no reliable fix is available as of now.

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BG6E9F7$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps
GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 01:39:07 GMT
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
x-ms-request-id: 79cc623f-72fe-497d-a24b-86d7a9a39dd2

Method: GET(328ms)
Stage: GetCACaps
Not found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

Mar 19, 2022
The link in Post # 6 does not seem to be working.

SCEP: This product/service?

https://sectigo.com/resource-library/scep-simple-certificate-enrollment-protocol

Are you knowingly and applying it for some purpose?

If so, what is the environment and the requirement(s) for SCEP?

I'm not 100% sure but posts are saying it's related to Windows' TPM platform. Apparently it's been an issue since Sept. 2021 but Windows and AMD have not come together to fix it. By the way, I have not switched my CPU out but I still get this issue. I think this might be related to the fact my CPU isn't supported by my motherboard unless I update the BIOS?

Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...ent-id-86.html?page=2&pageSize=10&sort=oldest