[SOLVED] pc suddenly sutter while gaming

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
hey guys my pc is relatively new and suddenly after playing games and the same games my pc start to sutter for a second and then continue normal.. i have all drivers up to date and i did pc clean up from dust from the fans and overall from all the dust about a month or 2 months ago.
my specs are
h310m pro - motheboard
i5 9600k 3.7ghz - cpu
2x8gb ram
rtx 2060 super 8 gb
antec 650 gold cpu
checked the temperature while playing metro last light for 2 hours and the temps are good. what could be the problem? 2 years it was working good!

Solution
Just noticed that the problem still there it became less than it was before but its still suttering after i did a smart defrag on my hard drive... more solutions friends?
There it is. It's normal for HDDs to load levels slower, hence the stutter. Shouldn't happen when nothing is being loaded, though. Either failing HDD (yes, it can happen with no warning signs nor SMART detection, I've had a few) or there you go, being limited by the HDD.

If it bugs you, get an SSD. If it doesn't, no sweat, just keep in mind what I mentioned about drive failure. No need to throw away the HDD, it can still be used for a backup or something, I keep old documents (also on cloud) and non-critical files on my HDD now.

Also, there's this point:

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
i have TS120G SSD that my windows installed on it and 1T WDC hard drive that my games run on.
do you think it can be problem in the hard drives?
Could be, since the issue seems to appear when loading levels. I assume you're installing games on the HDD, and there are no stuttering otherwise?
I usually keep my HDDs defragmented every now and then when I crash in AC Odyssey that's not related to overclocking.

Ronv1011

Commendable
Nov 4, 2020
Just noticed that the problem still there it became less than it was before but its still suttering after i did a smart defrag on my hard drive... more solutions friends?

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
What you are experiencing is normal, and occurs when you load modern games from HDD.

Most developers these days expect their game to be on SSD, and do not optimise load times for HDD.

SSD is very cheap now, you can find a good 1TB SATA SSD for less than $70.

Buy a bigger SSD, transfer all your games on to it. Remove the mechanical hard drive from the PC. Throw it away.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
There it is. It's normal for HDDs to load levels slower, hence the stutter. Shouldn't happen when nothing is being loaded, though. Either failing HDD (yes, it can happen with no warning signs nor SMART detection, I've had a few) or there you go, being limited by the HDD.

If it bugs you, get an SSD. If it doesn't, no sweat, just keep in mind what I mentioned about drive failure. No need to throw away the HDD, it can still be used for a backup or something, I keep old documents (also on cloud) and non-critical files on my HDD now.

Also, there's this point:
Most developers these days expect their game to be on SSD, and do not optimise load times for HDD.

Solution