Question PC suddenly won't post, VGA error light.

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
MSI x470 Gaming Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
Gigabyte GP-P850W
Gigabyte RTX 3060ti

I turned my pc off like usual one day, and now it won't boot. VGA light is on, so I began to troubleshoot. I disconnected the GPU and it posted, but putting it back it causes no boot. I cleared the CMOS and tried the same sequence, but still no boot with the GPU installled. I then tried using my spare GPU, a GTX 1050ti, but still no boot. Can anyone offer some insight?

The mobo and cpu are about 4 years old, while the power supply and gpu and about a year old.

MSI x470 Gaming Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
Gigabyte GP-P850W
Gigabyte RTX 3060ti

I turned my pc off like usual one day, and now it won't boot. VGA light is on, so I began to troubleshoot. I disconnected the GPU and it posted, but putting it back it causes no boot. I cleared the CMOS and tried the same sequence, but still no boot with the GPU installled. I then tried using my spare GPU, a GTX 1050ti, but still no boot. Can anyone offer some insight?

The mobo and cpu are about 4 years old, while the power supply and gpu and about a year old.
Are you sure about which CPU you have ? Ryzen6 2600 doesn't have IGPU so it couldn't POST, Try GPU in another slot ?

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
Are you sure about which CPU you have ? Ryzen6 2600 doesn't have IGPU so it couldn't POST, Try GPU in another slot ?
what i mean is that it posts without error despite the lack of gpu. my keyboard turns on instead of displaying light codes like when a GPU is connected.