[SOLVED] PC takes hours to Reboot. Attempts to reinstall have failed.

IndigoGo

Commendable
Jun 26, 2017
For the last couple of months, my PC has been taking extreme lengths of time to restart, each time it manages to boot it does so straight to my desktop with an accompanying error message.

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002 Error Information: >setup.cpp (142) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $21.0.338 @Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 0 (9600) IE Version: 9.11.18362.0

This problem has been happening since I changed the name of my PC, though, I do not know if the two things are related or if it was merely coincidental for me to experience the issue after the fact. I do not think the issue is my SSD, all of my hardware seems to be in perfect functioning condition and games run and load perfectly, the problem is solely in booting. Note: during booting the circular loading icon stutters.

I attempted to reset Windows 10 (Without the 'clean drives' option) but the booting phase did the same thing, going on for hours before I turned off the computer. I tried again later and after hours of booting, I was taken to the desktop with the message "There was a problem while resetting your PC. No changes were made." My best guess is that the computer is trying to install or update something it cannot during booting, but I have no idea what that is or what I can do to fix it, as my reset proved to do absolutely nothing.

Solution