[SOLVED] PC takes too long to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAmAdrian

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Hi guys,

I have a fairly decent PC that runs, I wouldn't say 24/7, but let's just say about 2-3 days at a time, straight.

I work at home using this PC, but just using Microsoft Office stuff and Remote Desktop connection.
I also game with this PC, like Battlefield V, PUBG and Dota.
And I also use this PC to stream movies on Netflix.

Basically, I only shut down my PC whenever I leave the house to grab some groceries.

When I try to reset my PC, it takes, I don't know, 5 minutes or more I guess, to get out of the booting process and into the welcome screen, definitely less than 10 minutes though. But once I key in my login, it would take less than a second for the desktop to show up.

This issue started about 2-3 months ago. Not sure what's up or what I needed to do to fix this.

Specs are:
i7-8700k
Strix Z370-E
Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200
Corsair H100i V2
Corsair TX-M 650W
Corsair LL120 Triple Pack with Lighting Node Pro
Western Digital Blue 1TB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB with RAPID on

Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Razer Firefly
Razer Seiren X Mic
Razer Nommo Speakers
Logitech C922

Would it be an issue with all the USBs I have or something? With all these lights.

Also note, I have a USB hub for all these connections.

Another thing, when I turn on my speakers, it has a very faint humming sound that would be unnoticeable over time, this goes the same for my rgb mousepad, whenever I place it on brightest setting, my speaker hums. When I lower down the brightness, the hum basically disappears.

Thanks,

Solution
Unplug all usb peripherals and see if the restart speed improves. For example, I ran into a similar situation where every time a usb printer was on, it would slow the PC booting process. When that was unplugged boot times went back to normal. If this is the case for you, plug them back in one at a time until you find the culprit.

iAmAdrian

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Hey man, thanks. Any other thing I can do other than that?

Do you think some of my USB peripherals are defective even though they're fully functional?

Is this really an issue with USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.