[SOLVED] PC taking 15 minutes to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018
Hello,
For some time my PC has been taking around 15 minutes to boot to desktop. (Windows 10)

— PC Specs

Gigabyte AORUS GeForceGTX 1080 Ti Xtreme
Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x16GB)
AMD RYZEN 7 1800X
Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING 5 X370
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2
Samsung 850 EVO SSD

The OS is booting from the M2.
I have already tried many things:
· No malware
· No errors in the RAM sticks
· I reseted the CMOS
· I updated the bios
· I installed a fresh windows

My ram sticks are on slot 2 and 4 currently working at 2666.
Also the M2 is working perfectly fine since I have a partition on it for games and they work just fine.
The partition of the system has extra 40GB so it doesn't run out of space.

Also I gotta mention that for those 15 minutes I have a code B1 in the motherboard.

Thank you in advance,

Solution
I had the exact issue.
Almost exact same build, even had the B1 code and a non-activated version of windows.
Firstly I bought windows from Kinguin (only $40). Didn't solve it. But can't complain.
Did the same as you and reset everything, tried different hardware configs etc. Nope.

I did two things at the same time, and it fixed it. I'm not sure what one fixed it though sorry. (I got desperate lol)
- Repostition your CPU and use new thermal paste.
- Flash the bios and update it with the latest one. - Do this manually.

If I place bets, it was the manual bios flash

finitekosmos

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Have you had a look at the drives health with Samsung Magician? Try using that as it can give you an overview of the health of your drive, it can also be used to update Samsung drives firmware and can tell you if you are using the Samsung NVME controller driver.

Also what USB devices are connected to your computer and do you have any other drives besides the SSD's attached too?

- Where did you get your copy of Windows 10? Use the media creation tool supplied by Microsoft on a spare USB.

- Try disconnecting everything that is considered non-essential. (HDD, USB)

- Try running with/without graphics card

- Try safe mode (msconfig - Boot Settings)

- Try changing Slots, Speed or Quantity of RAM

- Is it possible you may have a driver/hardware/software conflict? I have a msi board with a Ethernet port that has no supported drivers anywhere, and the entire computer hangs if it is enabled alongside any other internet adapter (WiFi/Ethernet PCIe Cards)

- Update Drivers

- Disable non-essential apps from boot

- Run this benchmark. It can be good for finding hardware slowdowns/issues. (Run it 3 times to test for consistency) https://www.Userbenchmark.com

check with the mb guild with an m2 drive you lose some of the sata ports. also check to see what irq and memory rang the m2 port uses. you may have the video and m2 drive at power on using the same irq or memory range. if you can in the bios turn off printer and serial ports free up a few irq. in your pc if there another card close to the video card try moving it down.

Nov 8, 2018

The condition of both the M2 and SSD are good, also in the NVMe drive for the M2 it says Samsung which I think it should be like that.

I also have x2 HDD connected, regarding the USBs I have my gaming mouse/keyboard, 2 monitors connected on the 1080Ti, the transmitter of my wireless headphones and the camera.

Nov 8, 2018

Power supply: Corsair Professional Series AX860
RAMs: in slot 2 and 4, Corsairs Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

Nov 8, 2018

I tried disconnecting everything (even the GPU) and the problem still persists.
Tried only one stick ram in different slots and the other sick also, problem is still there.
Tried RAM on 2133 default, still nothing.
Safe mode doesn't work either sadly...
About the windows 10, it is not an official copy but I don't think it's gonna after since I had this issue even before I installed that windows fresh.

Nov 8, 2018

The PC had still the same issue even when removing the GPU so I don't think will work, but I don't really understand what you want me to do

Nov 8, 2018
I am using Windows 10 Pro, I did the official download from the website but activated it with KMS.
As said, I already tried doing a fresh install of windows and it didn't really solve anything.
I am starting to think that it has something to do with the motherboard because the long code B1 on the boot.

KandinR

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
I had the exact issue.
Almost exact same build, even had the B1 code and a non-activated version of windows.
Firstly I bought windows from Kinguin (only $40). Didn't solve it. But can't complain.
Did the same as you and reset everything, tried different hardware configs etc. Nope.

I did two things at the same time, and it fixed it. I'm not sure what one fixed it though sorry. (I got desperate lol)
- Repostition your CPU and use new thermal paste.
- Flash the bios and update it with the latest one. - Do this manually.

If I place bets, it was the manual bios flash

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.