PC to xbox ethernet

RSmoovd

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
So i want to know if this will work.. i have my pc connected via wifi and also have an ethernet into my xbox from the motherboard but have no internet access from the ethernet have i done something wrong or will this just not work to run a wired connection from the pc to xbox.

Thanks

Under the Wifi connection go to properties, then under Sharing, you can "allow other network users to use this computers internet connection", then you can choose the connection. Then choose the LAN connection.

At this point you should technically have a crossover cable to directly connect the PC and Xbox, but most modern hardware will work with any sort of cable, and automatically detect and correct for "incorrect" cables.

RSmoovd

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Done the sharing settings what you mean by choose connection?

Hmm... I haven't tried it Windows 10, Windows 10 allows you to bridge connections though. Perhaps that would work. I believe you can right click on the two adapters and add them to a bridge. You can remove them the same way. This should allow the xbox to blindly connect to the Wifi through the bridge?

RSmoovd

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Dont have 2 adapters to bridge i dont think might be the problem?

RSmoovd

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

Would it be possible to use an adapter of some sort because it says i need at least 2 lan or high speed connections to bridge

I have one other idea, since I can't try this in 10, perhaps you need to adjust the Automatic metric of the two connections so they are the same? Then Windows won't complain that they aren't the same speed. Right click on the connections and under properties, then TCP/IPv4, again Properties, on the General tab at the Bottom Choose the Advance Button, at the bottom there should be an Automatic Metric.

Here is Mircosoft's explaination of this.

Anyways, for test purposes, I would just make the LAN and the Wifi the same and then see if it will let you bridge them.

RSmoovd

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013

So i managed to get the bridge to work between wifi and ethernet but i can see the ethernet sending but its not receiving anything?

Update: I most likely need to get another wireless card of some sort to have sharing enabled on one to make it work