Question PC turn on and suddenly turn off

DawN86

Honorable
Aug 1, 2019
I started a new build , but after assembling all the components , when i turn the computer on it doesn't detect the monitor and any usb peripherals and suddenly turn off . Only the graphic card was not new .

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d
MB : Asus rog strix b650e--f gaming wifi
GPU : Msi RTX 3060 Ti Ventus
Case : Nfortec Caelum Black
PSU : Tempest Gaming G750 750W
AIO : Corsair H60X
SSD : WD Black SN770 2TB

Can it be the PSU not being powerful enough for the build ?

Best regards

Lutfij

Titan
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d
+
AIO : Corsair H60X
You have the wrong cooler for the job, that radiator cannot cool the processor on your build.

PSU : Tempest Gaming G750 750W
I can't find that PSU's make and model off what should be a simple Google search. Can you pass on an image of the stickered side of the PSU?

You might want to also inspect your CPU's socket for any bent or broken pins.

DawN86

Honorable
Aug 1, 2019
As i saw that the AIO was compatible with AM5 i thought it would be enough for it .

gtIhQPm.jpeg

This is the PSU

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
If the RTX 3060 is not new, are you sure it's still OK?

The 7800X3D has an integral GPU. Remove the RTX 3060 and connect your monitor directly to the motherboard's video port and use the 7800X3D's display output.

The lack of video display might a result of the BIOS being set to start with the iGPU display output and not the PCIe GPU output. If you're lucky, the BIOS will spot there's no monitor connected to the iGPU motherboard port and then check the PCIe GPU for a monitor.If you're unlucky, the BIOS will give up if it cannot find a monitor on the first port specified in the list.

Can it be the PSU not being powerful enough for the build ?
It's not just a question of being "powerful enough". You cannot judge an ATX PSU simply by its claimed maximum output power. You also need to consider technical aspects, including circuit design, maximum operating temperature, power factor correction, efficiency, number of cables and connectors, etc.

If all these terms seem confusing, you can usually judge a PSU's quality by its price:
A 750W PSU costing $25 is junk and could explode at any time.
A good quality 750W PSU will start around $80 to $100.
These are generalisations.

The link below to a 5-year old post on Reddit implies your Tempest Gaming GPSU 750W cost 40 Euro and only has a Bronze efficiency rating. All the other links I've followed for this model show it's no longer available.
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/dqakvl/looking_for_a_silent_psu_750w/

Your 750W Tempest GPSU Bronze really isn't of sufficiently high quality for a 7800X3D/RTX 3060 build.

Much better would be a 750W Gold unit, e.g. the Corsair RM750, if you can afford it.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/psu...old-certified-fully-modular-psu-cp-9020195-na