PC turn on but no power to mouse, monitor or keyboard

armada60

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hi,

So last night my PC started randomly restarting its self. It started to happen once every 10 - 20 mins and then every 10 mins. I turned it off for the night and left it.

Coming back to it this morning I booted it up, it turned on fine however nothing is coming up on the monitor and the mouse and keyboard also are not getting power. I attempted to restart it a number of times and one time it did turn on and power the monitor and mouse and got to the screen where you can select to boot it in safe mode etc however after about 10 seconds on that screen it restarted itself again.

I checked the motherbord and where the RAM is there are 4 lights, 1 and 2 are green, 3 is orange and 4 is red. However I have no idea what this means. I cant hear any beeping either.

Any ideas?

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Is it a custom build machine or proprietary (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.). There should be a name usually around the middle of the board. Look for bigger spaces where there are no components (capacitors, chips). If not, look around the edge of the board. If its custom, here are some familiar names, ASUS, AsRock, GIGABYTE, MSI, Intel, Biostar, etc. and is usually followed by the model (ex. GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3) using letters and numbers.