Question PC Turned off and no video signal now

Cybrex

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
This is an ASAP help needed because all the parts were bought through Amazon and tomorrow is the last day I can submit for return if something is faulty. So I'm going to be busy for the next 24 hours.

I replaced my parts a few weeks ago, Motherboard, RAM, M2 drive, CPU (and Power Supply but thats later on).

BUILD
Windows 11
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi II AM4 X5705 ATX
ASUS ROG Thor 1200 Certified 1200W Power Supply
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core, 24 Thread Processor
Nvidea 3080 Graphics Card
Samsung Electronics 980 Pro SSD
G Skill RipJaws V Series 64GB
Notctua NH-D15 Dual Tower CPU Cooler
Thermalright PWM Fan HUB

3 Weeks ago I rebuilt my computer, keeping with the original power supply and video card. When doing this, it worked fine for awhile till one day I was gaming and mid game, there was a click? or a pop and the system shut off. Tried turning it back on again, same issue, it tried, then stopped. After fiddling with a few things, I decided that perhaps it was the power supply so I ordered a new (far more expensive one). Cleared the computer out, replaced all the cables and installed new fans along with a fan hub. System turns on, works fine for a day, shuts off but I was able to turn it back on and worked fine since.

Two weeks past with no issues at all (including when I did restarts) till today. Turned the computer off and moved it out to my living room again, and it powers on, all lights and fans are spinning, you can hear my harddrives doing their thing but no signal when I turn on my projector I've plugged it into. Tried powering it off, trying the other HDMI port. Nothing. Gave up, moved it back to my computer room and plugged it back into my monitor and desktop tablet. Same issue.

Took an older video card and swapped it out for my current one, same issue. Switched PCI slots on the mother board with that video card, still the same issue. Computer starts up, hear it doing its thing but never a signal.

I'm not sure where to go with this at this point. In all the years of building my computers I've never ran into this issue before.

Last edited:

Cybrex

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
Update:

I've removed both RAM. Tried them in different spots, one at a time, etc. Still nothing. I then tried one of my old ram, still nothing.

I've also removed the CMOS battery, left it out for 5 mins, put it back in.

I've noticed that even when I plug in, and unplug the monitor cables it's acknowledging that something is happening.

Cybrex

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
Okay, I'm completely at a loss now. I've put back in old ram which still yielded no change. Left it off for a few minutes and then decided to turn on my PS4 to see if it would see my Media Server while my computer was on. Once I did that, I went back to my computer, turned it back on and....now my signal is back on both my monitor and desktop table. I'm extremely confused by this and have no idea what could be causing this, but its absolutely frustrating and makes me nervous with even wanting to restart my computer for anything! GAH!

Cybrex

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
Is this the right forum to be posting in? Should it be shifted into a different one? Sorry if its in the wrong spot, mad rushing to try and figure out what is happening here. So confused!