Pc turned on after pulling plug out of the socket but refuses to turn on after that

Meeplebops

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
So I was tinkering with my GPU, attempting to overclock it. Found a great sweet spot on Valley and ran through a couple of game benchmarks and it was perfectly happy.

So I figured that I'd throw it to the test for stability, metro last light bench, put the settings in I thought would be ok, benchmark loads up runs for maybe 30 seconds then my screen goes brown, not black. Brown.

Obviously I try to use the reset button, no response. Try again, no response. Hold power button for 3 - 5 seconds, again nothing. So I flip the switch at the socket, turn the socket back on and my pc back on, boots fine, bit slower than usual but still works. Reset GPU to default settings, tell it to shut down but the lights and fans are still going even though there's no display and the hdd indicator is off.

I thought it was a bit weird so I turned it on again only now it decides that it doesn't want to display anything, not through dvi or hdmi, everything looks like it has power and no beep, my mouse and keyboard don't get power either. It's almost like it's stuck in a loop trying to post properly.

TL;DR - tried to overclock, something went wrong, turned pc off at wall due to it not responding, it came back on fine but after that it won't turn on and no beeps from mobo speaker.

Please help, I need this pc for 3rd year uni work and cannot afford to buy new parts for it.

Go to the back of your system.
Look at the back of the Psu and you will see a rocker switch.
Flick the switch to the other position.

Turn the switch off at the wall socket and count off ten seconds.
Turn it back on at the wall, and then flick the rocker switch on the back of the Psu to it`s original setting.

Power your pc on by the towers power button.
It should now power up fine.

You tripped a protection circuit of the PSU.
This resets the protection circuit.

Meeplebops

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

Did that and it powers on but no post beeps and no display output to my monitor.
I also tried clearing the cmos, that got me booted in bios but when I save the defaults (negating my cpu overclock) and try to reset it gets after the asus quickboot splash screen but then won't load into windows, just a black screen