Pc Turning on and off endlessly after a bios update through gigabyte utilities

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Hi! I Just dont know what to do. I just flashed my bios with the gigabyte utilities through Windows and it went Well. Now the problem i face is that my computer is stuck in an endless loop of booting on and off endlessly. I do not have a rescue media right Now but i can make one later today, as long as this function supports micro sd cards. Tanks for your time Guys!

Solution
Hi, how do you know that the BIOS flash was successful? Did you test the PC after flashing and then after a while the problem started occurring?
You should try putting the latest version of the BIOS onto a USB flash drive and flashing the motherboard thru the BIOS menu. If the latest version had the same occurrence then try using the previous version of BIOS and/or the version that was known to work.

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, how do you know that the BIOS flash was successful? Did you test the PC after flashing and then after a while the problem started occurring?
You should try putting the latest version of the BIOS onto a USB flash drive and flashing the motherboard thru the BIOS menu. If the latest version had the same occurrence then try using the previous version of BIOS and/or the version that was known to work.

Solution

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
As long as im still capable of flashing the bios through the setup menu my problem is solved. Gonna go buy a usb stick today and download the necessary things on my friends computer. Thanks for your time bud!

After BIOS update - BIOS settings get reset to default values.
You have to change them to previous values:
  • sata controller mode (ide ahci raid),
    boot mode (uefi, legacy/scm)
With incorrect settings for your windows installation - you get BSOD and automatic restart.

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014

Sounds good. Ill let you know iff it worked.