Question Pc turns off after 3 seconds all by itself

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
i have moved to a new house and someone kicked the power cable that is connecting both my pc and monitor to the plug while i’m using it, it turned off ( it’s not the first time it happens though)
i ignored it and let my pc off for 5 minutes or maybe more and came back to turn it back on, but surprisingly it doesn’t turn on at all.

i disconnected everything from my pc and let only the power cord from my PSU, it turns on normally.
i connected my keyboard and mouse, but when i tried to connect my usb microphone, the pc shut down again, and since then it’s just turning on if i plug it in for just 3 seconds, it just does that when i plug it in without clicking the power button…

should i fix it somehow or just get a new PSU? or is it maybe some other component that is faulty?

( ask me anything if i wasn’t clear about something and thanks for helping ❤️)

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
First reset the motherboard BIOS.

What are the full system specs includes the brand and model of the PSU?

aerocool lux 550w (80+ bronze)
motherboard is msi A 320m-A pro
gpu Gtx 1650 d6
cpu Ryzen 7 2700
ram 16 gb 3000mhz
( i dont think it’s a motherboard problem, the psu doesn’t work but idk, maybe it is because the pc turns on by itself when i plug it in)

xGpOj

Commendable
Aug 30, 2020
First all settings have to be on default. Reset the motherboard BIOS!
on my way to reset the bios, i saw something weird with the pin cable that turns on my pc, it was crushed somehow and that exact thing made my pc think i was pressing the button for a long time, thats why it turns on and off in few seconds, thanks anyways !