Question PC turns off and Gigabyte mobo light starts flickering really fast

ileka2468

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Has anyone experienced an issue (or know the cause) of their computer turning off shortly after being powered on and then the mobo light starts strobing like a night club? Like I've built many PC's and this isn't normal debugging light flashes. Im thinking it could be a defective or shorting motherboard, or a bad power supply. The pc in question is a budget build from a while ago its and Gigabyte b450m ds3h. Its usually on 24/7 probably for the past 3.5 years and I've had it for 4. Thoughts anyone?

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Out of the blue, this happened?

Did you change any settings/hardware prior to this?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried currently?

Does the mobo light stop blinking after a while or does it do it until turned off?

ileka2468

Commendable
May 24, 2021
Out of the blue, this happened?

Did you change any settings/hardware prior to this?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried currently?

Does the mobo light stop blinking after a while or does it do it until turned off?
Yeah it just randomly does this. It started happening like 2 weeks ago. Back then it would happen I would restart the pc and it would be fine for a couple of days at least. Now it happens, I restart and it happens again within 5 minutes. I have't done any extensive troubleshooting. I just did the usual, make sure mobo cables were all secure and the psu cable was secure nothing crazy. The light just keeps flickering until i do a hard shut down by holding the power button for a couple of seconds. It's really my Mom's pc and for now I just moved her ssd to the downstairs computer so she can work.