[SOLVED] Pc turns on but monitors stays black

Jun 1, 2019
Hi so I am in a weird situation.
I use 2 monitors.
My main monitor(Lg)
Second monitor(Samsung)

I was busy playing games till morning then when i went to sleep and woke up my monitor(lg) started acting weird. Few things happened.

My main monitor (Lg) started going black at random times and flickered and then it started to affect my second monitor(Samsung) as well. Then I unplugging my main monitor(Lg) since only it was making the waves or flickering. And made my second screen(Samsung) my main monitor.
The random black outs were gone and the flickering was also gone

But then I decided to see if I cleaned my LG monitor so i can play on my bigger monitor. So i powered my pc off and unplugged everything ao i could clean the ports of the monitor(Lg) and my gpu. I noticed that my Lg monitors vga cable wasn't fully inserted into my adapter so I fixed that as well. But here is where the real problem started.

When i then tried to turn my Pc on to see if my LG monitor is working again, my pc turned on(I can hear and see the fans spinning and also see my lights of my gpu and motherboard led turn on)
But my monitors stayed off.
Both monitors have power

My keybord, mouse, headset everything turns ons but monitors still stay black.

Please help

Last edited:

stinkycreature1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Hi so I am in a weird situation.
I use 2 monitors.
My main monitor(Lg)
Second monitor(Samsung)

I was busy playing games till morning then when i went to sleep and woke up my monitor(lg) started acting weird. Few things happened.

My main monitor (Lg) started going black at random times and flickered and then it started to affect my second monitor(Samsung) as well. Then I unplugging my main monitor(Lg) since only it was making the waves or flickering. And made my second screen(Samsung) my main monitor.
The random black outs were gone and the flickering was also gone

But then I decided to see if I cleaned my LG monitor so i can play on my bigger monitor. So i powered my pc off and unplugged everything ao i could clean the ports of the monitor(Lg) and my gpu. I noticed that my Lg monitors vga cable wasn't fully inserted into my adapter so I fixed that as well. But here is where the real problem started.

When i then tried to turn my Pc on to see if my LG monitor is working again, my pc turned on(I can hear and see the fans spinning and also see my lights of my gpu and motherboard led turn on)
But my monitors stayed off.
Both monitors have power

My keybord, mouse, headset everything turns ons but monitors still stay black.

Please help
Return the monitor, contact the manufacturer to replace it.