[SOLVED] PC turns on but no display, and no response from keyboard and mouse

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
So to start, i really don't know what happened, no idea at all.
Temps are stable, cpu is 30-40c and my rx 580 is stable at 40c-50c as I'm not gaming and my pc is inside an air conditioned room so i don't think it overheats? Although my pc is kinda old so maybe dust?

So the story goes i watched youtube on my pc for about 40minutes before it suddenly turned off with sounds glitching out, and the monitor blinking with HDMI and Analog.

I tried cleaning inside the pc, cleaning all the dust there, after that i tried turning the pc on and it does boot into windows, but a few second after booting and showing my desktop it just goes black screen with no response again.

I really have no idea what is happening to my pc, maybe the motherboard is fried? I dunno, thanks in advance for reading my questions!

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

I5 6500 with stock cooler
Asrock B150 Gaming K4
Sapphire Rx 580 nitro+ 8gb
Avexir 8gb ram ddr4 2133mhz single channel
1tb of Wd Caviar Blue
1tb of Seagate Barracuda (I think it's a new edition?)
Seasonic M12II 520w Evo

Is it the Psu problems? I know it's pretty old so maybe time to replace it? Never had any problems with it though, but thanks for responding! Really appreciate it

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
So, quick update the PC does turns on after plugging it off overnight, but it does boot with a "diagnosing windows" message and it said it can't fix it.
So i just restared my PC and as of now it's still on, but just in case i'll post the temps i've taken from HWmonitor.

And that temps was taken without air conditioning turned on, so i guess it still cool enough?

Update: The PC Turns on for about 2 hours and it goes fine with no increase in temp or anything, so i tested by playing games, and after about 10 minutes the display turns off again, and with sounds glitching out.

Temperatures of Cpu rises to 40c with Gpu rises to 45c last time i checked while gaming.

Last edited:

Angga47

Honorable
Jul 2, 2015
it only happened in gaming, not overheating. my guess would be the gpu or the psu
Yeah, my guess is it's the PSU problems as it still goes black screen after a few youtube videos with the integrated graphics.
Too bad I don't know much on how to diagnose the problems more.
Thanks for the answer though