PC turns on, but nothing else happens.

Apr 6, 2018
Yesterday, my pc was fine. Last that night the display turned off (like it was in standby) along with my light up keyboard and mouse. Later I discovered after turning my pc off and back on it turned itself off then back on a few seconds later. Still no display or lights from mouse or keyboard.
Was told it was a mother board issue. Now mind you my stuff is old, like 6 years. So replacing my motherboard came with having to replace my i5 3500, and my ddr3. So I got a brand new Asus Prime A230M-A (MB), AMD RYZEN 3 2200G, and viper 8gb ddr4 pc4-21300.
Got home put everything together, and.... the only thing that changed is that it doesn't power off then on again. It's just sits there... running... doing nothing. No beeping. I've tried everything I've seen people recommend on here. Try unplugging different things. Maybe it's the fans... Maybe it's this or that.

Well I'm literally ripping my hair out angry, cause I've wasted all this money and I'm still out my pc. Seriouslly... wtf do I do now? I JUST BOUGHT ALL THIS CRAP BRAND NEW AND IT DOESNT WORK STILL.

Rakshith2302

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
How about the power supply. Do you see the light indications on the Motherboard?

Also, if the motherboard has a VGADVI/HDMI Port try that instead of the Graphic Card DVI/HDMI Port.

Lastly the Monitor itself. Try with a different Monitor, or if you have a TV with HDMI and if your PC has an HDMI port, try it.

Apr 6, 2018

The lights are on, the computer turns on, it's just that the display doesn't come on and the light on my keyboard and mouse don't come on either. Everything is the same except the turning off and on.

The monitor works cause I used it earlier on my laptop. So did my mouse and keyboard.

Apr 6, 2018
Nothing.. happens. Its like the comouter is in stand by, the monitor doesnt even pick it up. Its swaps between hdmi and vga then a "No Signal" and then stand by.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
It's not necessarily a question of if the monitor works, it's a question of if the monitor supports the resolution of the BIOS screen. I know that I have a monitor that will not display until it boots into my OS. Please try it with another monitor.

Apr 6, 2018

All the fans spin, yes the graphics card is a gtx 650, which I even tested to see if that was the problem. All the lights on the case and inside work, usb doesn't, monitor doesn't.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Why do you guys think it is the power supply, it sounds more like a display issue. Have you tried running without the GPU? The integrated graphics in the CPU is better than that 650 anyways, might as well not have it in there.

Rakshith2302

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
"yes the graphics card is a gtx 650, which I even tested to see if that was the problem."

What test has been performed?

Does the motherboard have an inbuilt VGA/HDMI/DVI port?

Kindly provide detailed information so that others who are referring to your answers may have a better understanding of the issue to isolate it.

Apr 6, 2018
Why do you guys think it is the power supply, it sounds more like a display issue. Have you tried running without the GPU? The integrated graphics in the CPU is better than that 650 anyways, might as well not have it in there.

Yes. I have taken it out and plugged the monitor directly into the mb slot. But nothing changed. I did all of this over an hour ago.

Rakshith2302

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015

That's interesting. Either of them should work.

Forgive if this is a silly question. I hope you are not using the same VGA/DVI/HDMI cable to test it?

If both the MB and GPU display ports are not working, It's usually the motherboard itself. But we see its a new Motherboard.

So the only thing remaining is the PSU. Though it looks like the PSU is fine.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

I take it all back, now i'm suspicious of the power supply. It really couldn't hurt to replace that, even if it doesn't end up being the problem, you'll want to get rid of it before it becomes a problem.

Rakshith2302

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015

This will not help. It appears that he is unable to see the BIOS or any other options. There is no signal coming from the PC.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Not necessarily true, i've had monitors that have not displayed my BIOS screen, whilst being able to display OS resolution before. We need to be comprehensive.

Apr 6, 2018

Tested with 2 other monitors same.thing, no signal then stand by. Let me check with the usb install.

Nope. Still nothing.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Well if none of that works, it'll definitely be worth replacing the PSU. If the PSU turns out to be fine, you should RMA the mobo.

The OP replaced the motherboard, CPU, and memory. He didn't replace the power supply. But those components would allow the system to boot. He also specified that the system did not beep. Assuming that he installed the case speaker, that means it did not pass the POST diagnostic. Therefore, there would not have been a display on the monitor.

If the power supply has enough power output to light up the LEDs and fans, it should have a video signal from one of the motherboard video out puts. I would check the processor installation plus the CPU power cable. Make sure the ddr4 is in the proper color coded slots. And then try booting again without the graphics card installed.

Apr 6, 2018
Make sure the ddr4 is in the proper color coded slots. And then try booting again without the graphics card installed.

Made sure everything was right, everything was. No graphics card in, even rechecked the cpu. Everything is right, just to test I turned it on. Still nothing.

Did you check for bent pins on the CPU?

I checked the motherboard for compatibility with your processor. It is supported but needs a BIOS, but needs a BIOS later than version 3203. The Ryzen 3 2200G does support integrated graphics.

So the BIOS needs to be updated. The motherboard features ASUS EZ Flash 3 . This allows you to update the BIOS using a USB drive with the downloaded BIOS in a motherboard USB port. but i don't know if it can be done in the current state.