Question PC turns on but only powers desktop mic, there's no display to monitor ?

May 1, 2022
So I got my PC case on thursday, right? I put everything together and it turned on and all the fans for everything turned on and worked, but wasnt displaying to my monitor or sending power to my keyboard or mouse. I have my heyday desktop microphone plugged in and it turns on, but nothing else. I have tried everything, different mobo, psu, gpu, unplugging everything and plugging it back in, moving ram around.

Only thing I haven't tried is changing the cmos battery. I have also tried to start it up with the fans off to see if maybe the PSU didnt have enough watts to have 4 rgb fans, but it still had the same result. Anyone know how to fix this? it is currently sunday

specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A

PSU: EVGA 430 W 80 plus gold edition\

GPU: Zotac RTX 3050

CPU: AMD 3200G

RAM: 2x8 gb ( i dont know brand)

PC Case: Apevia Genesis-BK Mid Tower Gaming PC Case 4xARGB fans (pre-installed)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So I got my PC case on thursday, right?
What case were you working with prior to the chassis listed above in your specs?

Breadboard your system without the discrete GPU and see if you're able to get life from the system. If so, power down, disconnect from the wall and display, drop in the RTX3050 and then try powering up with said innards.

How old is the PSU in your build?

May 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So I got my PC case on thursday, right?
What case were you working with prior to the chassis listed above in your specs?

Breadboard your system without the discrete GPU and see if you're able to get life from the system. If so, power down, disconnect from the wall and display, drop in the RTX3050 and then try powering up with said innards.

How old is the PSU in your build?
so it did but the on board graphics arent working so I am gonna order a new motherboard and see if that is the problem. also I had an office case because thats what I got it in

DSzymborski

Titan
Can you double-check your PSU? There's no such thing as an 80 Plus Gold-rated EVGA 430W PSU. Just a very cheaply made EVGA 430W with only the basic 80 Plus certification. And what are the different parts you used? It would help us to know everything that you know.

May 1, 2022
Can you double-check your PSU? There's no such thing as an 80 Plus Gold-rated EVGA 430W PSU. Just a very cheaply made EVGA 430W with only the basic 80 Plus certification. And what are the different parts you used? It would help us to know everything that you know.
also the parts I replaced is only the case and the old radeon rx560

May 1, 2022
I doubt it's the motherboard since, from your original post, you've already replaced it once.
yea but I used a motherboard that was super super old, like it didnt even have an hdmi port on the motherboard, but it gets power to it and it doesnt work, but I had to use different ram with it because it has different compatible ram. when it was doing the same thing as my other motherboard I thought that it was because the motherboard is old, and also there is a ram stick that is stuck inside it. But I think it is my motherboard because it could be not putting enough power throughout the motherboard so it is powering on everything but it can't process enough power to the usb ports and it cant display to my monitor, and my graphics card will not display to my monitor if there is not enough power being supplied. it could also be my power supply but we opened it up and checked, I am going to take it to a pc repair shop today so lets hope that 80 dollars is worth it.

May 1, 2022
So I got my PC case on thursday, right? I put everything together and it turned on and all the fans for everything turned on and worked, but wasnt displaying to my monitor or sending power to my keyboard or mouse. I have my heyday desktop microphone plugged in and it turns on, but nothing else. I have tried everything, different mobo, psu, gpu, unplugging everything and plugging it back in, moving ram around.

Only thing I haven't tried is changing the cmos battery. I have also tried to start it up with the fans off to see if maybe the PSU didnt have enough watts to have 4 rgb fans, but it still had the same result. Anyone know how to fix this? it is currently sunday

specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A

PSU: EVGA 430 W 80 plus gold edition\

GPU: Zotac RTX 3050

CPU: AMD 3200G

RAM: 2x8 gb ( i dont know brand)

PC Case: Apevia Genesis-BK Mid Tower Gaming PC Case 4xARGB fans (pre-installed)
okay guys I sent it to a pc repair shop and it was the motherboard I KNEW IT