[SOLVED] PC Turns on then immediately off

Dec 25, 2020
Hi and thanks for reading my post. So I am building a PC for my girlfriend, this is just to get started. Specs are:

Asus z390
Asus GTX 1050ti
Corsair 750 Bronze PSU
Crucial Ballistix DD4 4x 8GP each
CPU is Intel i5-7600k 6th gen
Asus CPU Liquid Cooler LC240
Windows 10 Pro 64GB

The system is put together, when it powers on it shuts off. I understand this happens to prevent any damage. So I begun with the troubleshooting process, I took out the video card, the wireless card (its a cheap one), took out the ram, and I am down to just the mobo psu cpu and liquid cooler. My CPU is about 5 years old never overclocked and at one time it reached up to 80c which to me is way to hot from a previous build. Despite the fact it ran hot I let it cool off and was able to get into the BIOS, now it won't even make it there. I checked all connectors and connections from manuals and rechecked them from videos online and yet not success which is why I am posting here. I am out of ideas, I did have a bad PSU so I got another one and this one works. I am going to buy another CPU in the hopes that will solve my problem, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!

Solution
The cpu and motherboard are not compatible. That motherboard only supports 8th and 9th generation. Although the same socket it’s using the wrong chipset.
Thanks so much! I did verify this at the Asus Website.... never crossed my mind, thanks for getting back on this!
6th & 7th generation need a 100 or 200 series chipset. 8th and 9th generation need 300 series. It’s just what Intel did. While I understand why 100 & 200 series boards don’t support 8th and 9th generation due to these CPU’s using more of the pins for power not allowing 6th & 7th gen to work on 300 series is probably more to do with wanting to sell more motherboards.