[SOLVED] Pc turns on then off, then boots normally.

Nov 15, 2020
Hello, recently, I have decided to clean my pc (removing dust etc. I did not touch/unplug anything. just did the manual-pump thingy to clean the dust.)
and after that, when I press the power button to start my PC, It turns on for a second,
then everything just stops for about two to three seconds.
After that, it starts again just as usual.
Should I be even concerned about this issue? Sounds like there is definitely something going wrong, but I can't tell what's the cause.
It's not turning on and off repeatedly.

I have tried re-plugging the RAMs but it did not work.
I have not found any new problems so far after this problem started to occur.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it but given how the issue you've described wasn't there to begin with, see if tearing down the system and breadboarding it changes the issue. Most often boards tend to powerdown for a split second before fully powering up is so that the capacitors are charged up on the board and/or an overclock is being applied.

Speaking of which, please list out your specs for the build.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it but given how the issue you've described wasn't there to begin with, see if tearing down the system and breadboarding it changes the issue. Most often boards tend to powerdown for a split second before fully powering up is so that the capacitors are charged up on the board and/or an overclock is being applied.

Speaking of which, please list out your specs for the build.

Reactions: Teaco
Solution
Nov 15, 2020
@Lutfij Hi! Thanks for your greetings. I am happy that I have stumbled upon this site. It seems helpful.
Sorry for the late reply, I did not think I would get a reply that quick haha
my specs are:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-3670 v2 @ 2.50GHz 2.50Ghz
32GB RAM.
Nvidia 1070 graphics card
Windows 10
Motherboard: "X79 INTEL (INTEL Xeon E5/Corei7 DM12 - C600/C20 Cipset" from HUANANZHI
woops ok that sounds kinda not good

I bought it from second hand, and I remember my friend mentioning something about the RAMs were for server operating...kind of stuff.

Today, when I started the pc
the issue was gone, but now the pc case fan? goes crazy fast for about a minute when I boot up my pc.
Like, so loud and I can feel the case vibrating due to the speed when I put my hands on it.
Then, it clams down and functions as usual.
I thought my pc was going to explode and now I am scared to turn off my pc :neutral:

According to your thoughts and this new issue, I guess the case fan is causing the whole issue?
Maybe it's time to get a new one.

To ask a favour,
If, I were to change some stuff ( graphics card looks fine.. the mobo and cpu? I think)
What would you recommend?

Last edited: