Pc-turns on then-off

rileykristjanson

Commendable
May 22, 2016
For the past month or so my computer has been turning on and off every time I boot. Staying on for about five seconds or so turning off and repeating. I have replaced every component except the graphics card and the CPU cooler. I have reset The CMOS battery. And tried every thing from shorting the board to turn on without the case to running on integrated graphics. My list of parts or below but you know that everything has been replaced with warranty RMA's and every company I've talked to says things are compatible. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdH2JV

Thanks

Solution
Yeah the memory sounds like it may be the culprit, make sure they are in the right slots some motherboards require it to be in the A slots like when a motherboard has 4 like this: A, B, A, B. Others may allow it to be in either channel. Also make sure you hear the click when the RAM goes in, can't count how many times i've had it to where it wasn't all the way in.

-edit: The psu is on the lower side of wattage of what I'd recommend, but nonetheless your pc should boot.

TwilightRavens

Reputable
Mar 17, 2017
Yeah the memory sounds like it may be the culprit, make sure they are in the right slots some motherboards require it to be in the A slots like when a motherboard has 4 like this: A, B, A, B. Others may allow it to be in either channel. Also make sure you hear the click when the RAM goes in, can't count how many times i've had it to where it wasn't all the way in.

-edit: The psu is on the lower side of wattage of what I'd recommend, but nonetheless your pc should boot.

Solution