Question PC turns on with 100% fan spinning , but no display or usb power ?

Jan 8, 2023
Built this PC back in November of 2022.

Specs include:
Cpu: 5600g
Case: 4000D Corsair
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
PSU: CX650F RGB, 650 Watt, 80 plus Bronze
RAM: 2X Silicon Power Gaming Series DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 980 series- 1TB

My PC screen went black as I was gaming last Monday morning. I turned it off for a minute and tried it again, but noticed there was no display, and no power to USB, but both CPU and Case fans were spinning at 100%, while the CPU Debug light was on. I tried troubleshooting it myself but nothing seemed to work.

So, I decided to take it to a shop. They got back to me and said they tried four different processors on the motherboard with no luck. They said they could replace the motherboard and I agreed but the next day they called me and told me that the PC was still not posting even with the new motherboard in place. He told me that the CPU and old Motherboard are both fried.

Do you guys think there is anything else I should do before trying to get a refund through Amazon for the CPU?

Also in the case that I have exhausted all options, how should I go about removing the CPU fan? I only ask because I hear you are supposed to turn it on to warm up the paste to make the process easier, but feel like that could be a bad idea considering my CPU could be fried.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could take a heat gun and warm the heatsink to allow for the easier removal of the CPU cooler if that's what you're worried about. A hair dryer would also accomplish that job, just don't heat it up, rather warm it up. Once you've removed the CPU from the assumed dead motherboard, drop it into a known working motherboard with the right BIOS version and see if you get any display out of the APU.

TRENDING THREADS