[SOLVED] pc turns out but failing to display anything?

DarqFX

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I know this is a common issue but ill explain why this is a weird problem. First of all i tried my onboard graphics to see if it was my graphics card, nope still stuck with both monitors saying “no signal”. not my harddrives because ive tested them on other pc. surely its not my motherboard since the pc turns on and so does the gpu and cpu. so what on earth could be wrong with my pc?

symptoms are the following: My gpu fan goes absolutely bonkers full speed but still isnt display anything on the monitors.

If i dont use my graphics card it still just gets stuck on the same issue (no signal) on BOTH monitors.

My guess: is a power supply issue because ive had problems with it in the past, however not sure if thats even possible because everything still turns on.

full specs:
gtx1060
ryzen 5 2600
samsung evo ssd 500gb
2x4gb ddr4 corsair ram
b450 gaming plus MB
cooler master 700W supply

Appreciate it if anything can have a guess at whats causing this.

Solution
Also, your system does not have any onboard or integrated GPU, so trying to run a monitor from the motherboard's graphics ports wouldn't work anyway. So that's not an issue.
Did you pull the gpu out when you tried on board graphics? Also try using one stick of ram at a time to see if you maybe have a bad stick. You can also try pulling your motherboard battery out and unplug pc from wall for 10 minutes, then put the battery back in and plug in try restart. If things don't clear up I would look at a new motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS