PC Unable to POST

Apr 8, 2018
I created a new partition from a large partition on my 3TB WD HDD to clean install windows.I used a programme to achieve that, comp could not recognize my HD after that.Restarted my comp to see it get hanged at the Hp logo,restarted again to enter into bios or any of the F key menu which also hangs there.I removed the HD and comp was able to bypass the Hp logo successfully and even enter into the F key menus.With HD still removed I created a bootable pen drive and the comp hanged up at the Hp logo again.I inserted an external HD and still face the same challenge.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the model for your HP system? Is it a laptop or a desktop. You should make sure your system is on the latest BIOS. The issue with your HDD may be possible due to an incompatible BIOS or your board is having trouble detecting the drive. On another note, it's also possible that the PSU might be incapable of delivering power to all components.

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Depending on the size of the HDD, it should be a desktop one, right? You said you used a program to do so.

If you have another computer, try plugging the 3TB HDD and recreate the partitions in Disk Management.

Please note that some motherboards doesn't support 3TB HDD boot.