[SOLVED] PC unbootable after microsoft employee worked on it.

I was having issues with microsoft store erroring out any time i tried to download and install a game or install updated. I contacted microsoft support and the rep eventually told me after other unsuccessful things to do an in place windows upgrade after creating a restore point. This took awhile but didnt fix it. The rep finally make another local acc and i could update and install apps on that local acc. I could then download any app except forza 6 apex which had worked on this pc before. I even tried deleting some files from my c drive using treesize to make more room than it needed. The install said complete but never actually installed the game. I even tried copying the game from another pc to mine and it wouldnt open. The microsoft store rep said he didnt know what to do.
I gave up and I was just using my pc as normal and trying to connect my Bluetooth headphones when i realized action center wouldnt open. Much of the taskbar had also stopped working. The search/cortona started freaking out aswell. Classic shell start menu worked fine. I tried restarting explorer.exe to no avail. I figured this was an issue with that spare account i was using so i clicked switch accounts. My pc then restarted to a recovery screen. I cant get past this and cant even get into safe mode.
What he freak happened. Startup repair fails. The restore thing says there is no restore point to restore from which is bull since me and the rep with remote access made one for sure. Im soo mad right now. All i did was what microsoft support technicians guided me through and randomly hours later it stops working. After unplugging a usb hdd I have also get a bsod with a stopcode system license violation most times i try to boot normally from recovery sceeen. My windows 10 pro is fully activated so please help!

Last edited:
Solution
You could save your files and copies of the installed programs to an usb drive and reinstall windows 10 following these steps and using another usb.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next startup and go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings, CSM is enabled and SATA mode set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB...
Is there any way around this? I need my pc and i really dont want to reinstall os. I dont have any where to backup my drive so i dont know how to reinstall without killing my files. How bad is microsoft support and what went wrong? One technician showed me a video telling me how to upgrade windows and then the rep preceded to do it wrong wasting 1 hour of my life untill i could go back and do it as stated in the video.

You could save your files and copies of the installed programs to an usb drive and reinstall windows 10 following these steps and using another usb.

Create an up to date USB install media by following the steps outlined here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10
Then disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Next startup and go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings, CSM is enabled and SATA mode set to AHCI.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive or Windows Boot Manager: USB and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete".

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

NOTE: Any data on the drive will be lost

Solution
Ok. Do you think i could load into a ubuntu usb drive to save the files? I have created a windows 10 usb drive and am ready to install once i get the files.
I still can't believe microsoft support, the people who created windows, managed to currupt windows beyond repair when unsuccessfully trying to fix a completely unrelated issue. Its sad they cannot possibly train there employees better. I was even shown a video detailing how to upgrade windows and then the rep preceded to not follow the instructions creating an iso instead of a upgrade and then leave me to fix her screw up, wasting hours of my time. The rep created a restore points that is mia now and i cant even try to fix it without a complete format of my system. I wished this didnt have to happen but at least im experienced with installing windows so it should be a breeze onto an ssd, even a slow hp sata drive.

I actually am using my laptop to copy my user folder off of the drive and format the ssd. My laptop actually has an nvme ssd (i thought it was a sata ssd in a hidden bay untill 5 min ago) so it leaves a sata bay free to put my boot ssd into. I will then install windows 10 on to it again. I am not looking foreward to reinstalling drivers and programs. Luckily most of my games were installed onto my game drives.