Question PC Underperforming and Slow

Oct 21, 2022
I built my new PC about 3 months ago and I was excited to play some graphics intensive games with it.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Gigabyte B550 D3SH
Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3200Mhz
MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX 3060
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
WD Black 500gb m.2 SSD
EVGA 750W Gold
NZXT H510
Windows 10

I downloaded drivers and got started.
I played some games like League of Legends and Terraria and it ran perfectly fine.
I played Rust and my fps was very high, but I was constantly Getting BSODs with WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
I never found a fix even though I clean reinstalled all drivers and used applications like Driver Easy to figure out what was outdated
I reset my windows and everything returned to normal and I just didn't play graphics intensive games.

Recently though my PC has been having a ton of issues:
Sleep mode doesn't work
Sometimes my GPU fans don't start when I power on my pc
When I boot up my PC it is incredibly slow for a long time and then it speeds up after a while
CPU usage in task manager is constantly at around 45% or more (which isn't what it was at when I first built my pc)
My GPU is heavily underperforming and I cant even consistently get 80 fps on league of legends
The weird part is that no matter what graphics setting I set it to the fps always bottlenecks at around 80 fps
Sometimes my games will freeze up constantly and both the video and the sound will freeze (my fps will go down to 1 or 0 for a second)
Opening any application takes forever
Opening windows search bar is slow
There are more issues I can't think of off the top of my head rn

Can someone please help me?
I've read online that it is most likely either a hardware issue or a driver issue

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Do not reinstall Driver Easy! It's a scam. Here's the reality, if your pc works just fine as is, it does not need updating, but programs like Driver Easy get paid to make you think you do.

The Microsoft driver for basic NVMe functionality has a release date of 2006. Every NVMe sold today will function just fine on a 16 year old driver. Some companies have dedicated software that increases functionality, but once you decide you want that, go get it for yourself. There's Zero need for an extra running program to constantly be checking the web, soaking up bandwidth and increasing your cpu background usage, to tell you you are out of date.

Any and All Windows important system and software drivers are automatically updated by Microsoft with every Windows update.

You got suckered by flim-flam, snake-oil advertising.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Do not reinstall Driver Easy! It's a scam. Here's the reality, if your pc works just fine as is, it does not need updating, but programs like Driver Easy get paid to make you think you do.

The Microsoft driver for basic NVMe functionality has a release date of 2006. Every NVMe sold today will function just fine on a 16 year old driver. Some companies have dedicated software that increases functionality, but once you decide you want that, go get it for yourself. There's Zero need for an extra running program to constantly be checking the web, soaking up bandwidth and increasing your cpu background usage, to tell you you are out of date.

Any and All Windows important system and software drivers are automatically updated by Microsoft with every Windows update.

You got suckered by flim-flam, snake-oil advertising.

How could there have been NVMe drivers as far back as 2006? Do you not mean 2016? The first mobbos with NVMe support came out in 2015 and the specification was written in March of 2011.

Mr. Smith

BANNED
Dec 25, 2021
-Update Bios
-Move OS to SSD
-Re-install the GPU and Rams
-Use DDU to uninstall previous drivers and then install the latest Graphics driver
-Update the OS
-Check the display and power cables

hope this will help you. if not, then it might have a hardware issue.

Oct 21, 2022
How did you 'move' the OS t the SSD?
I made a windows installation media with a usb.
Then I loaded my ssd first in bios settings and then installed windows on the ssd keeping it at the top of boot order.

When i put my HDD first in boot order it loads into my old desktop so I dont know how to transfer everything to the ssd windows

USAFRet

Titan
I made a windows installation media with a usb.
Then I loaded my ssd first in bios settings and then installed windows on the ssd keeping it at the top of boot order.

When i put my HDD first in boot order it loads into my old desktop so I dont know how to transfer everything to the ssd windows
For this new install on the SSD, you really should have had ONLY the SSD connected.
And for transfer...you can't move your applications from the OS on the HDD to the new OS on the SSD.

This could have been done with a clone from HDD to SSD.

Oct 21, 2022
For this new install on the SSD, you really should have had ONLY the SSD connected.
And for transfer...you can't move your applications from the OS on the HDD to the new OS on the SSD.

This could have been done with a clone from HDD to SSD.
Sorry about that, I forgot to mention:

I had my hdd unplugged so only the ssd and my usb boot drive were plugged in, then I formatted the ssd from GPT to MBR and installed windows on it