Aug 7, 2022
Hey all,
Reccently I have been running into perfromance issues when playing games and esspeically in Destiny 2
No matter what I adjust in game settings I keep getting quite violent stuttering and freezing with my frames sometimes going from around 90 to under 10

I decided to run a UserBenchmark on my system and you can see the results here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54447451
It shows that my PC is indeed under performing but I have zero Idea why that may be. I know that there is a issue (or maybe a couple) but I can't work them out and its been driving me nuts

Last thing I want to do right now is go out a replace something for it to make no difference/not solve the issue

Any help would be greatly appericated!
Thanks for your time.

Aug 7, 2022
after removing them with DDU
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest version after removing them with DDU? Also, Userbenchmark doesn't state the make and model of your PSU, nor it's age.
Thanks for the welcome :)
I reccently did a clean Install for my GPU drivers.
How would I go about finding out the make and model of my psu?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Based solely on the UBM results.

2700X is a very power hungry CPU. You need to consider both your PSU as well as the choice to utilize an A320 board with it. That CPU requires a good amount of power backed by hefty VRM.

The RX580 is well behind the curve for 2022 and should be considered among items to replace for modern gaming.

As pointed out above, you only have 1 stick of RAM which is costing performance, as well as it being 2400 which also costs a lot of performance for Ryzen PC. I rather question how you could possibly have the RAM usage you do (as pointed out by @Phaaze88 above) and only be showing 4% background usage?

Aug 7, 2022
Single stick of ram in 2022, and:
Memory0.4 GB free of 8 GB
The heck was gobblin' up all your ram? Downloaded something you shouldn't have? Ran UBM alongside the game?
Yeah I have been meaning to upgrade to a 16gb 2 stick kit for a while now but have been a little unsure if it would make much of a difference to performace.
As for the RAM being eatten up I dont really know. I did have chrome open during the test and I do know that it can be RAM hungry Im not sure that would be the sole reason

Aug 7, 2022
Based solely on the UBM results.

2700X is a very power hungry CPU. You need to consider both your PSU as well as the choice to utilize an A320 board with it. That CPU requires a good amount of power backed by hefty VRM.

The RX580 is well behind the curve for 2022 and should be considered among items to replace for modern gaming.

As pointed out above, you only have 1 stick of RAM which is costing performance, as well as it being 2400 which also costs a lot of performance for Ryzen PC. I rather question how you could possibly have the RAM usage you do (as pointed out by @Phaaze88 above) and only be showing 4% background usage?
Would an Upgrade to 2x8gb 3200mhz make a noticable difference? Im aware that Ryzen likes its RAM but I dont know how much of a differnce it makes, especially when playing games.

Aug 7, 2022
The motherboard manufacturer site specifies that the board will support up to 3200 RAM. Running in dual channel will help a bit, but not saying that is (alone) the magic fix to what you have going on.
Alright Thank you I shall look into that

While my GPU is for sure an older one should it be performing as badly as it is in UBM?

Hey all,
Reccently I have been running into perfromance issues when playing games and esspeically in Destiny 2
No matter what I adjust in game settings I keep getting quite violent stuttering and freezing with my frames sometimes going from around 90 to under 10

I decided to run a UserBenchmark on my system and you can see the results here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54447451
It shows that my PC is indeed under performing but I have zero Idea why that may be. I know that there is a issue (or maybe a couple) but I can't work them out and its been driving me nuts

Last thing I want to do right now is go out a replace something for it to make no difference/not solve the issue

Any help would be greatly appericated!
Thanks for your time.
Reboot once in a while being up for 7+days can load up things.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results page.