So i planned to upgrade (more kind of overhaul) my PC
this is my current build

CPU: i5 4670k
Motherboard: msi B85m G43 Gaming
RAM: 4 x 4Gb Corsair Vengeance
VGA: Galax 2060 8GB Super
Fan: stock cooling (my other fan broke)
PSU: Superflower Leadex iii RGB 750w Gold Plus
Case: Prime n[k] (kind of local build from my country)

from all of that, i think i will keep the VGA and PSU, but i am not sure about the case, as i dont really know how to measure how bad/good the case is
my target is for 1440p gaming(maybe a bit 4k lmao)
i hope to keep it around 700 dollars as i didnt need to buiy new VGA and PSU, and maybe the case as well) but if its necessary then i could spend more

these what i had in mind
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570
RAM: 1 X 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Fan: (i am not sure about this, my friend said that amd runs hot that air cooling wont be enough, so i need a water cooling one)

How do you think? or should i wait? please advise

Solution
Don't get 1x16 GB of RAM. Why build a new PC just to deprive it of dual channel memory?

The PSU is fine and the GPU is, as well, though temper your expectations for 4K gaming. I would definitely recommend aftermarket cooling to get the most out of a modern high-end CPU, though whether you prefer a high-end air cooler or a liquid cooler is up to your preference. And case as well, which will be hard for us to know about!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Don't get 1x16 GB of RAM. Why build a new PC just to deprive it of dual channel memory?

The PSU is fine and the GPU is, as well, though temper your expectations for 4K gaming. I would definitely recommend aftermarket cooling to get the most out of a modern high-end CPU, though whether you prefer a high-end air cooler or a liquid cooler is up to your preference. And case as well, which will be hard for us to know about!

Solution

adam.sanul

Commendable
Jun 19, 2018

hmm isnt enough for 4k? tbh i also consider buying new monitor, currently i have 1080p LG 27GL650F-B

what colling fan that you recommend?

I would look at benchmarks for the 2060. It is good for 1080p 144Hz but in my opinion it is not strong enough for modern AAA games at 1440p 144Hz.

As above you absolutely want dual channel RAM, you will get stuttering and significant loss in performance with single channel. It is also highly recommended to buy RAM in matched kits and not 2 separate sticks even if they are the same make and model.

I don’t know what your friend is talking about. These days AMD is easier to cool than Intel, times have changed and it is Intel that requires better cooling. You don’t need water cooling and the 120 & 240mm AIO are easily equalled or beaten by high end similar priced air coolers.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
hmm isnt enough for 4k? tbh i also consider buying new monitor, currently i have 1080p LG 27GL650F-B

what colling fan that you recommend?

It's not enough for 4K. You can't even hit 1440p/60 on everything at Very High with a 2060 Super. Even an older AAA game like GTA V, you'll only be around 40 FPS at 4K. And it's not like it's going to get faster on newer games from here on out.

Cooling, again, it depends on your budget, personal preference, and details about your case. I don't know any of these three, let alone all three!

adam.sanul

Commendable
Jun 19, 2018
It's not enough for 4K. You can't even hit 1440p/60 on everything at Very High with a 2060 Super. Even an older AAA game like GTA V, you'll only be around 40 FPS at 4K. And it's not like it's going to get faster on newer games from here on out.

Cooling, again, it depends on your budget, personal preference, and details about your case. I don't know any of these three, let alone all three!

hmm, lets say with this
System Builder - Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB EX, Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

3060ti/3070 is fine with 4k?