[SOLVED] Pc upgrade recommendation

Oct 3, 2021
hello guys i currently have gigabyte b85m-d3v-a motherboard which have intel g3260 cpu, gt 710 gpu , 2 4gb 1333mhz ram, foxin fps 500s 200 watt psu with foxin fc1101 cabinet i was thinking to upgrade to i5 4570 and gtx 1050 ti cuz im broke so what more things should i upgrade and is this combo worth it for gaming in 768p

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

That PSU will definitely need a replacement, something reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire build. You can also look into a dual channel DDR3-1600MHz ram kit to replace the rams you currently have. As for the processor and GPU, yeah they should be good upgrades from what you currently have though an i7-4770(non-k) would seal the build for a little while.

You will also want to invest in an ssd for that platform to breath some life into it overall. FYI, if you don't replace the PSU after the upgrades, you're going to loose the entire system due to power surge or a PSU blowing up or worse, a fire!

Lutfij

Titan

That PSU will definitely need a replacement, something reliably built and has at least 550W of power for the entire build. You can also look into a dual channel DDR3-1600MHz ram kit to replace the rams you currently have. As for the processor and GPU, yeah they should be good upgrades from what you currently have though an i7-4770(non-k) would seal the build for a little while.

You will also want to invest in an ssd for that platform to breath some life into it overall. FYI, if you don't replace the PSU after the upgrades, you're going to loose the entire system due to power surge or a PSU blowing up or worse, a fire!

Solution
Oct 3, 2021

thank you for the answer i can only get i5 4570 and gtx 1050 ti currently since much options are not available plus should i go for corsair vs550?and i have used this pc for 3 years lol so can i still use it for more 3 years