[SOLVED] PC upgrade?

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Okay so before I write about my potential I need to tell you I can get highly discounted pc parts/PC's because of where my dad works. So currently I have a 2048MB 740. i7 2600, and crap ram and a motherboard that barely supports all of those components. My dad asked if I wanted to buy a 2080, i7 9700k, 32gb ram. So it would be way better than my current pc. The thing is the PC is more money than I have currently but I feel it is an amazing deal because he can sell it to me for $600 and this is only a one-time thing. If my dad's work doesn't sell it in the next week they will put it on eBay or sell it to a local shop. I don't know if I should pass or if I should pay my dad the rest back... Any thoughts?

Solution
Does he acquire systems from pawn shops, where perhaps some irritated/vindictive spouse sold off someone's system in anger? :)

The GPU would cost that much alone if it is serviceable, any Z370/390 motherboard is generally $150 (hopefully no one stuck this CPU in an H310 baord!), $300 worth of RAM, a $370 CPU, a cooler...

No one is getting those sorts of discounts on those parts, short of the assembler remarkably tolerant of loosing $800-$100 on the deal, minimum.

Not sure how you'd stumble onto that sort of deal, but, start selling plasma to pay it back and get it.
Does he acquire systems from pawn shops, where perhaps some irritated/vindictive spouse sold off someone's system in anger? :)

The GPU would cost that much alone if it is serviceable, any Z370/390 motherboard is generally $150 (hopefully no one stuck this CPU in an H310 baord!), $300 worth of RAM, a $370 CPU, a cooler...

No one is getting those sorts of discounts on those parts, short of the assembler remarkably tolerant of loosing $800-$100 on the deal, minimum.

Not sure how you'd stumble onto that sort of deal, but, start selling plasma to pay it back and get it.

Reactions: Rya6822
Solution

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Lol yeah, the reason its so cheap is so people at my dad's work can work from home. His work upgraded computers recently so they want to get rid of it. So its scraps from their fancy stuff.

Rya6822

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019

Alright man, I'm about $300 off of the 600 so it won't be impossible and I can also sell off my old Xbox and graphics card! The guy I bought it from sold me the PC I have now for $80 740 2GB i7 2600 etc. so he is pretty reliable (And if he scams I'm pretty sure he would get fired lol) Anyways thanks for the feedback! :)