MOBO: Asus Prime A 520K
GPU: 5600XT GIGABYTE 6GB OC RAM: Patriot 1x16GB 3200MHz
STORAGE: NVMe Samsung 512 GB
STORAGR: SSD ADATA 512 GB CPU
Cooler: Artic Freezer esports dual
Fans: x4 random fans
PSU: EVGA B3 450W Bronze Full modular
Case: Some random case

I want to upgrade this configuration for more performance was thinking about new MOBO and ram budget is 200$

Thinkg about Aorus Elite V2 Gigabyte and Ram 3600MHz

logainofhades

Titan
Mother board will not really do much for your performance. Before you do anything, you need to get a higher quality PSU, with a bit more wattage. Those Evga B3's weren't very good quality wise. With your GPU, 3600 will make no difference, but going with a 2x16gb of 3200 should make a big difference, as you will be running in proper dual channel mode.

DeeMonkD

Prominent
Aug 8, 2022
Mother board will not really do much for your performance. Before you do anything, you need to get a higher quality PSU, with a bit more wattage. Those Evga B3's weren't very good quality wise. With your GPU, 3600 will make no difference, but going with a 2x16gb of 3200 should make a big difference, as you will be running in proper dual channel mode.

Agree for PSU but not sure about dual channel do i buy another stick with 16gb 3200 and just put in empty slot which is only one so motherboard will automaticaly make it dual channel since i dont know if that is supported with this MOBO and there is no XMP profile available in BIOS also i have two options for PSU one is Corsair RX 650 and another is Seasonic X-Series SS-650 both gold

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
First thing to do would be to purchase a matched kit of the appropriate speed and capacity RAM such that you can run in dual channel. You have one leg tied on this rig using one stick.

I would watch for a good deal to come up on a motherboard. The A chipsets aren't known for good power delivery and almost always run hot (on VRM). It actually would be a worthwhile update on this rig IF you plan to keep it for some years to come. If you have plans to update this in a year or so, don't bother with spending the money on it.

logainofhades

Titan
Agree for PSU but not sure about dual channel do i buy another stick with 16gb 3200 and just put in empty slot which is only one so motherboard will automaticaly make it dual channel since i dont know if that is supported with this MOBO and there is no XMP profile available in BIOS also i have two options for PSU one is Corsair RX 650 and another is Seasonic X-Series SS-650 both gold

It looks like your board only allows you to set the memory speed manually. That board isn't very good, on power delivery. I would replace the board at some point, seeing what it really is. Memory should be in matched kits. Mixing single sticks, is not a good idea. It can lead to instability, and crashes. I would probably choose the Corsair PSU. I would start with the ram and PSU upgrade, and then move on to motherboard.