PC Upgrades for 1080p @ 60Hz ULTRA Gaming? Please Help :)

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello everyone! I have a BEAST RIG with a BEAST GPU but i have heard that I should now upgrade my processor and get a i7 4770k! Well I have a Samsung 24" Inches FHD LED. So i am gonna play games on 1080p @ 60Hz...

Here's My Rig:

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 @ 3.40 GHZ
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (Red)
Asus Q87M-E MotherBoard
Micron 8GB 1600MHz RAM
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 7200RPM
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Antec Basiq Power 550W Modular 80-Plus Power Supply
Cooler Master MB600L Case (Red)

I was thinking that instead of upgrading my processor... I should upgrade my RAM to 16GB..... What Upgrades You Think I should Do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Your processor is fine and the K-series i7 will do you no good with a Q-series motherboard. K-series CPUs require a Z-series motherboard to allow overclocking. Some Asus motherboards and bios versions do allow overclocking on non-Z motherboards, but that is not something you can count on.

Compared to some computers, you could consider yours a "BEAST". But in the grande scheme of PC Gaming, you have a mid-range rig. Some games will take advantage of 16GB of RAM. You should buy a kit of 2x8GB so the two modules will be exactly the same and have the best performance. Mixing modules is not a good idea. 16GB will certainly give you that extra room just in case.

The RX 580 8GB has been pretty good for 1080p Ultra 60fps over the past 2 years. I suspect games will start to require more graphics power, and already has with Assassin's Creed. Aside from your RAM, your GPU would be next. I know you might hate getting rid of your Nitro+ 8GB, it is a very nice GPU.

There really isn't anything that you can do to upgrade that system any further than adding RAM and going to i7-4790k CPU. A 4770k only has a 100MHz higher base and boost clock than your E3 so that isn't worth it to pay for that CPU. The 4790k has a 4.0GHz base and 4.4GHz boost clock, but again you are basically at the height of that platform. Only thing you could do is to change out the motherboard and run 8th or 9th Gen Intel or go to Ryzen.

taimoorbaig382

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I just sold my Msi Gaming X GTX 1060 6GB and bought RX580 8GB...... So my next step should be to get a GTX 1070 and 8 more gigs of ram... Right?

By the way i cannot afford a 8th or 9th gen processor... i am 18 years old...... and belong to a middle classed family...

Not sure why you would do that. They have basically the same performance.

Then enjoy your gaming rig. :)