Question PC Wants to boot from storage drive

harryswartz

Commendable
Feb 26, 2020
I have a new 1TB Samsung storage ssd drive that has no OS on it yet my PC wants to boot from it . I have removed it and set it up via usb SATA but still the PC wants to boot from it. I must disconnect it for the PC to boot from the drive set in the BIOS . Never had this issue in the past when adding new storage.

harryswartz

Commendable
Feb 26, 2020
Boot Option 1 selects the OS (boot manager) drive. All other options are disabled. I can only boot with the 1TB storage disconnected. I can connect it via USB after Windows starts. If I have the 1TB storage connected and access BIOS..... Boot option 1 still has the correct drive selected but when I exit BIOS the PC will try to boot from the 1TB storage. It will start to load files then it will go into repair mode. Any option to NOT boot from USB? That might work.

Show Boot Option Priorities - upper part of that screenshot with Boot Option #1 - Boot Option #6 (which you have very "conveniently" cropped out).
To avoid any boot priority confusion, you can simply leave single Boot Option #1 and disable all the other boot options (#2 - #6)

Also show screenshot from Windows - Disk Management.

TRENDING THREADS