PC was working, now not so much. (HELP)

Nov 10, 2018
Hello.

I have been for 2 days trying to fix my computer after putting a new CPU fan in.

I haven't unplugged anything, in fact I built the PC myself and the PC is exactly how it was before and after putting the CPU fan in.

Just after putting it in, my computer would power on, fans spin, all lights turn on. The computer acts normal turning on, I see bios then my CPU slowly heats up to 80 - almost 91 Celsius then turns off.

I was trying to trouble shoot it, and may have had the CPU fan off while it was on for too long while trying to test the CPU, although after it still brought me to bios to what I think overheat within 3 minutes.

I can't even get windows to boot up before it would crash, I would get processor light failed on my motherboard. So I felt at first as if there wasn't enough thermal paste so I put some more on.

Didn't work, so I put the old CPU fan I was using back in and still same thing happened. My PC was working completely fine up until I tried putting a new CPU fan in.

I'm taking it in to the shop to be looked at because I cannot seem to find the problem.

Anyone know what's wrong with my PC? Any help is appreciated.

SPECS:
i7-7700k CPU
ASUS ROG STRIX 1080 GPU
Asus Motherboard (forget the z Series)
16gb 2400 ram
600watt PSU
Stock CPU fan
4 fans in case - 3 on graphics card.

CPUs can be damaged quickly if run without proper cooling. That is, with no heatsink/fan. Some tests have shown some CPUs may be able to hold up longer than others. Usually the temperature goes up so rapidly that the damage is done before the CPU can shut itself down.

Nov 10, 2018
After having turned the PC off after testing to see if the cpu wasn't working, I put my CPU fan back on and turned it on brought me to bios then turned off after reaching around 85 Celsius.

I still need help, now everytime I start my PC I don't get bios - also I only get the orange and yellow motherboard debug LED's.

I am going to have someone look at my computer as I have tried everything. Although if anyone is able to help me save some money that would be much appreciated.

Nov 10, 2018
I checked nothing down in the socket, I completely cleaned the fan and my CPU off then tried remounting both and my PC would start bring me to bios. I would watch the temp in bios then after 3 or so minutes my PC will shut off and instantly try and restart it self although after restarting itself I get the orange led on my motherboard that notifies me that my CPU failed. I am thinking I broke my CPU magically? Even though I have only had it for less then a year.

Nov 13, 2018
You should observe the cpu temp by touching the heat sink, if you think it was not that hot it might sense wrong temperature. Otherwise adjust the fan speed manually and turn off "automatic shut off when cpu temp is high." you can check your bios setting if it support these tweak. Just be careful to do it again observe the cpu heat sink.

Nov 10, 2018
I haven't been able to get to bios. I have a friend who knows much much more then I do, he tried everything to try and get me to bios. Although after many attempts and hours of stripping everything down, only trying one ram stick, resetting cmos battery and cmos 2pin jumper, swapping my new fan back on and swapping the old fan on. Cleaning the thermal paste off of my fan, and putting even smaller amount of thermal paste on.
Unplugging my PC for 2 minutes, then holding the power button for 1 minute still nothing. Removing my HD to see if it would respond that it doesn't detect my HD. Still nothing even took out my cmos battery to see if it would respond then. Same issue persisted, I get no debug LED's on my motherboard and no usb power or display. Very annoying as all I attempted to do is switch my fan, and yes I have tried both and bother were infact mounted properly.

I am currently thinking of just building an entire new rig. Anyone got any ideas?