[SOLVED] PC will crash and stay black screen after a few minutes of gaming (not all games)

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Hi, I had a problem with my pc for a while now, it tends to crash on most games after a few minutes, i sent it to a repair man but no progress has been made the crash still continued, I did a factory reset but the crashes still continued so i looked on forums and most of them said it was probably the graphics card so i went and bought a gtx 1660 super O6G but the crashes still continues, i get no crash error or any information about it , the screen just turns black , my keyboard also turns off but the fans are still turning in the pc so i'm a bit confused. Any help would be useful. Thank you.

My specs:

-MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
-CPU: Ryzen R5 2600 3.75ghz (stock cooler)
-GPU: Asus DUAL MINI gtx 1660 super 6gb OC
-RAM: 2x8gb 3000mhz Corsaire vengence LPX
-SSD: Patriot 128gb
-HDD: 1tb baracuda
-PSU: AeroCool Lux 650w
-OS: Windows 10 Familiy 64x bits (the guy that "fixed" my pc put this idk why)

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
alright thank you i might send it back and get another one but evega psu went uphill right now (in france) like a 400w was 95$ but i'll try to find a good one like corsaire or evega

There's no way I or anyone else can be absolutely certain that it's your PSU until you swap it for one of those quality brands I mentioned.

You had the same issue with an RX570 probably because you're using that same PSU.

And yes, 650w is enough as long as it's a good brand. If you'd bought a quality one to start with we wouldn't be having this discussion about "are you sure it's the PSU?".

All I can tell you is that it's a strong possibility based on the brand.

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
There's no way I or anyone else can be absolutely certain that it's your PSU until you swap it for one of those quality brands I mentioned.

You had the same issue with an RX570 probably because you're using that same PSU.

And yes, 650w is enough as long as it's a good brand. If you'd bought a quality one to start with we wouldn't be having this discussion about "are you sure it's the PSU?".

ok i'll look to buy a new psu hoping this is the problem if not i might just send everything back and buy new components cause it's not software knowing i did a factory reset and redownloaded the drivers and bios and the crash still occured

Yeetboi.npk

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020

BTW if this could help it started doing it more often right now it crashes on csgo (wish it usually dont) and at some point it started to crash straight when windows open, my keyboard turns off aswell but everything else is working, leds on fans, fans turning gpu and cpu and led on mb is on

I am going to buy a psu soon if its the problem , hope it fixes it