[SOLVED] PC Will not boot in dual channel or with a GPU

Oct 13, 2021
Basically I just bought every component of this system a few days ago (except I've had the gpu for a few months), and I cannot seem to get the pc to work with Dual Channel ram or a GPU. I am able to run the pc in single channel with no card, I even installed windows and was able to log into microsoft and download things from the web. The issue is when I plug in either the 2nd ram stick, the GPU, or both, the CPU light stays on and theres no post. I have the latest Motherboard update. I have reseated each ram stick, tried using slot 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4 like the motherboard suggests. All the RGB lights and fans turn on, the CPU cooler fan, the case fans, and the gpu RGB and fans. The GPU worked in my old system as well, but I wanted to switch from Intel to AMD for my CPU. Any help appreciated!

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700G
16 GB set 3200 Corsair Vengeance
RTX 3060 Ti
MSI b550 Tomahawk
PSU : Thermaltake 600W

Solution
Try to reset BIOS settings by shorting the CMOS pins or pulling out the lithium battery on the motherboard for about 5-10 seconds to 1-5 minutes respectively. This will reset it all to factory settings on the MoBo. Also, I had the same problem with my DRAM light on not my CPU light where it wouldn't POST either.
Oct 13, 2021
EDIT: I forgot to mention I tried single stick in every slot, 1 2 3 and 4, and each worked. Only when I introduce a 2nd ram stick or a GPU things stop working. I also installed a PCI-E wifi card just for good measure, and it works.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Basically I just bought every component of this system a few days ago (except I've had the gpu for a few months), and I cannot seem to get the pc to work with Dual Channel ram or a GPU. I am able to run the pc in single channel with no card, I even installed windows and was able to log into microsoft and download things from the web. The issue is when I plug in either the 2nd ram stick, the GPU, or both, the CPU light stays on and theres no post. I have the latest Motherboard update. I have reseated each ram stick, tried using slot 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4 like the motherboard suggests. All the RGB lights and fans turn on, the CPU cooler fan, the case fans, and the gpu RGB and fans. The GPU worked in my old system as well, but I wanted to switch from Intel to AMD for my CPU. Any help appreciated!

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700G
16 GB set 3200 Corsair Vengeance
RTX 3060 Ti
MSI b550 Tomahawk
PSU : Thermaltake 600W
I would first try updating the BIOS with the flash button. You can leave the CPU installed just shut down the PC first.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTBs0-gTJRI

From their I would look for bent pins on the CPU. EDIT to much pressure from the CPU cooler can also cause issues.

Oct 13, 2021
I would first try updating the BIOS with the flash button. You can leave the CPU installed just shut down the PC first.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTBs0-gTJRI

From their I would look for bent pins on the CPU. EDIT to much pressure from the CPU cooler can also cause issues.
So I have the latest stable BIOS version installed, as I had to flash the BIOS for the CPU to work in the first place. I also tried a few combinations of the cooler being on, having it barely screwed in at all, and even just not having it on and turning the pc on for just a short amount of time as to not risk overheating. I checked the CPU for bent pins, and found none. There is a Beta build for my BIOS, so I will try that.

Oct 13, 2021
Try to reset BIOS settings by shorting the CMOS pins or pulling out the lithium battery on the motherboard for about 5-10 seconds to 1-5 minutes respectively. This will reset it all to factory settings on the MoBo. Also, I had the same problem with my DRAM light on not my CPU light where it wouldn't POST either.

Solution