pc will not connect to the internet

Feb 7, 2019
hi all ive tried many different threads but none had the same issues.
2 days ago my pc internet started being really inconsistent. for 10 mins it would work then it would completely shut out for 3 minutes. this kept going on and on. eventually i tried changing the ethernet.
Now there are no signs of internet. - kept on switching between saying no ethernet cable was connected at all, or it would say that there was a cable but i should change it. i changed the cable.
still didnt work.
so i got a pcie ethernet connector and put it in my pc. now it is saying that there is a cable connected, the light goes flashy flashy on the outside of the connector thing, but now it is giving me error: "ethernet 2 doesnt have a valid ip configuration" "a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken" another thing i thought i might add was that whenever i use the windows troubleshooter the picture of the computer that shows the network diagnostics like on the task bar goes from yellow to red, however right back to yellow when the trouble shooting finishes.
Please halp

Jan 17, 2019
You don't say if you are connecting to a router or to a modem. If you are connecting to a router, connect the cable directly to the modem Ethernet output and if that works ok then the problem is with the router. You could also used a different connection on the router since most of them have four outputs, if the female connector itself is bad, but I expect you have already tried that.