[SOLVED] PC will not post with new CPU, and motherboard, even after trouble shooting.

spiralvenom

Commendable
Oct 6, 2019
Hello everyone! I often do not post onto forums often but I am stumped. I recently have upgrade from a Ryzen 5 1400, and MSI Mortar Arctic b350m, to a Ryzen 5 3600, with an Asus x570-P motherboard. I will show the link my current build, which still has all of my parts previous from upgrading to the new CPU and motherboard. After swapping the parts out, and hooking all of my cables back together, I simply plugged in my HDMI, and attempted to power on the system to see if it would post. When seeing the the computer had turned on all of my fans, and my RGB was working inside my case, yet the display was stuck on a lit, black screen and stayed there after about 30 seconds I decided to do something else to see if maybe it needed to run through post tests, and install new drivers; however to my disappointment, the computer was still at the black screen after many minutes of waiting. After taking some time to consider possible options, I began by re-seating each part, and even tried using only 1 stick of ram to see if there was an issue with my dual channel configuration. After no new results, and looking through the manual to see if I had done something wrong in configuring the hardware, I had no solution to find, and couldn't find any similar situation on any forum or review. I had taken one last step to test all of the parts on my old Ryzen 5 1400 build and it powered on and cycled through bios and windows within seconds of turning it on, with no problems what so ever. The only issue I could possibly see? Is possibly that the processor requires the additional 4 pin CPU power pin, however as you can see in the link below, it is only estimated to draw 286 watts, just a little over half of what my PSU can handle. Again I am very confused, and would greatly appreciated any feedback on this article as soon as possible, as I would like to stick with AMD seeing as it has treated me well in the past few years starting off with it.

-spiral

Link to the parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NGvGXv

Edit: Just for further information, no beeps had came from the board, as stated in the manual to look for in case of trouble shooting.

Last edited:
Solution
You're welcome. Since only board and CPU are to be confirmed as working, I think that the internal speaker would be the best way to go, instead of disconnecting/connecting components.

spiralvenom

Commendable
Oct 6, 2019
Hi, For beeps, you'd have to connect an internal speaker (not pc speakers) to the board. Have you?
I have not, the motherboard’s manual though it references certain beeping cycles throughout post, did not come with a speaker, I could possibly try to obtain one. I would prefer to find an issue to this soon in case the hardware is at fault so I can have time to return anything to amazon. Thank you for the feedback as always!