PC will not turn on via pc case power button

Isaac Grabowski

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
My PC refuses to turn via the case button, but it is on, in fact it's what I am using now, I have to pull the side panel off and press the power button on my x99 deluxe mother board, (thank god for that at lest) and it turns on, all my fans are running as well as the led's on my case, I have a 1000w power supply, and I can't find any pc case not plugged in. (Granted one on my USB 2.0's not pulled in, but I have 3 of those and only 2 spots on the mother board.) Any suggestions?

Isaac Grabowski

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014

I have the three cords "H.D.D LED", "POWER SW" and "RESET SW" plugged in. I even triple checked. The reset button doesn't turn ot on though, and I would like to /not/ have to pull the side panel off to turn it on.

Xavier Bouttier

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Take the case PWR SW connector off, and try shorting the pins with a screwdriver, and see if the PC turns on.

EDIT 1: if that works, means something is wrong with the case connector.

If it doesn't work, means something is wrong with the MOBO.

what i meant was, use the reset button as the power button. instead of connecting the power pins of the board to the power button, connect it to the reset button (you won't be using the reset pins) . they are both switches anyway, they do exactly the same thing (short the 2 lines)

you will not have a "reset" but at least you can turn your pc on