The problem is this, I bought new componenets to build a fresh pc
This is my setup

Case: Sentey Z20
Ram: 1x Corsair Vengeance 8 gb
Mobo: Aorus b450 Elite
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX580
PSU: Thermaltake white plus 600w
SSD: Western digital green (old with OS installed)

So after finishing building everything I tried turning on, "every" cooler is working and it seems good,
but the GPU is not reacting (coolers not working)
I dont get a display on my monitor. I tried other GPU (Nvidia GeForce 750ti)
and at least with that I get the coolers turning on but still no display.
So what could be the problem?

Edit1: I just tried the Rx580 in another PC and its working. So its not that

Last edited:
Solution
Coolers not 'working' on the graphics card is actually just the fan control. The card saves up energy by only turning on the fans when it reaches a certain temperature. I think most cards do this nowadays.

As for the actual problem with the display, I believe it's either the bios that needs to be updated (as Zerk has already mentioned) or the cable you're using is broken. I'm assuming the monitor still works, so we can rule that out.

Did you check the motherboard to make sure it can run a Ryzen 5?
Just checked the specs. Looks like it does support 3rd gen ryzen.

You might even have a problem with undervolting the setup. I noticed you're only running a 600W PSU.
Nevermind on this one.

Edit:
I started running your setup...

Kawaii Penguin

Honorable
May 21, 2015
Coolers not 'working' on the graphics card is actually just the fan control. The card saves up energy by only turning on the fans when it reaches a certain temperature. I think most cards do this nowadays.

As for the actual problem with the display, I believe it's either the bios that needs to be updated (as Zerk has already mentioned) or the cable you're using is broken. I'm assuming the monitor still works, so we can rule that out.

Just checked the specs. Looks like it does support 3rd gen ryzen.

You might even have a problem with undervolting the setup. I noticed you're only running a 600W PSU.
Nevermind on this one.

Edit:
I started running your setup through pcpartpicker to see if there's incompatibility, and sure enough.. it states:
"Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions. "

Edit2:
Here's the link to the website you can get the BIOS driver from. The most recent one appears to be the F52 version.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
I saw this video the other day about updating one's BIOS, it was pretty informative. I'd give it a look if you need help. I've never messed with BIOS updating before, but you can brick your computer if you're not careful (i.e: if there's a power outage and you're updating the BIOS... RIP computer)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk_bo6OWq6s

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 14, 2020

Hi and thanks for replying!

Maybe this is for another question but can I actually check for myself without a display if the BIOS is updated? I just trusted the seller with good rates

Good afternoon,

Just to rule out possibilities, check that the cable that goes to the display is connected to the output of the GPU and not to the motherboard.

Also check that the 8-pin CPU power cable is properly connected (in addition to the 24-pin one).

Typically the B450s support the 3600 without the need to update the BIOS.

In one corner of your mobo, there are 4 LEDs that indicate CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT malfunction. Check which one is on. Consult your mobo manual (page 4 and page 21)

CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs) The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet. CPU: CPU status LED DRAM: Memory status LED VGA: Graphics card status LED BOOT: Operating system status LED

As a general rule of thumb just about all video cards do a quick fan test on powerup.

Are you sure the PCIe cables are firmly seated in the GPU card? Are you using the cables that came with the PSU?

What do your status lights say (Page 21 of your manual will help you decode them). You can find them between your SATA connectors on your mb.

Sep 14, 2020
Good afternoon,

Just to rule out possibilities, check that the cable that goes to the display is connected to the output of the GPU and not to the motherboard.

Also check that the 8-pin CPU power cable is properly connected (in addition to the 24-pin one).

Typically the B450s support the 3600 without the need to update the BIOS.

In one corner of your mobo, there are 4 LEDs that indicate CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT malfunction. Check which one is on. Consult your mobo manual (page 4 and page 21)

CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT (Status LEDs) The status LEDs show whether the CPU, memory, graphics card, and operating system are working properly after system power-on. If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working normally; if the BOOT LED is on, that means you haven't entered the operating system yet. CPU: CPU status LED DRAM: Memory status LED VGA: Graphics card status LED BOOT: Operating system status LED

Hi thanks for replying!

Nice info! I just checked the light and the one that turns on is the CPU :(
I retrieve it and its looks fine to me, every pin its okei and im sure its well connected.
So that only left the BIOS posibility? when I turn it on, that led insta turn ON