• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Pc won’t boot after broken usb port

Jul 23, 2019
I was trying to connect a usb stick in my pc, when i went to put it in it was inverted and it broke the USB port and my pc froze. I turned off my pc started it again and now it will light up, my radiator fans will spin for a second and stop again, lights will still be on. the 3 default fans in my system will keep on spinning (1 of the default fans is behind and 2 are on the top) and it will never boot up, never make any sound.

What do i do?

Lutfij

Titan
Try and extract the broken USB port in case it's making contact with the internal housing. To add, might want to add a picture of the issue, there's only so much you can say via text before things don't make any sense.

Host your image on Imgur and then pass on a link here for us to see.

Jul 23, 2019
I just put an apple charger in the broken port and i got a charge from it and when i remove the cable to the usb port
it still wont boot

Maybe im doing it wrong or taking the wrong cable out idk still wont boot tho :( ill keep looking for the right cable

Jul 23, 2019
I have restarted cmos and got the cpu fans spinning again but still no boot and i have both the usb ports connectors out :/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS