[SOLVED] PC won’t boot, does anything in my system need to be updated?

Mar 1, 2022
Part list:

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
Intel i7-10700KF (no integrated graphics)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 16gb
Crucial P5 1TB m.2
Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT
Corsair CXF 650W
Lían Li aio

So here’s where I’m at: my pc won’t boot, no signal on monitor. Everything turns on gpu/fans/ram etc. The DEBUG LED on the mb: the DRAM light turns on for 2 sec, then the CPU light flashes quickly. This sequence repeats over and over. Both lights are white not red. I’ve tried everything. Took it all apart. Put it back together. I even replaced the motherboard. Exact same issue with the new one. No bent pins, cooler isn’t on too tight, motherb isn’t screwed in too tight, everything is plugged in correctly and all the way, hdmi is plugged into graphics card not motherboard, I’ve tried every and all ram combinations all for the same result. At this point, I’m either going to replace the cpu, which I hear is near impossible to be DOA, or replace the ram.
Before I do, is there any measures I can take as far as bios/drivers updates? Do any of my components need to be updated in order to work with one another? Is everything compatible? Thanks for any help!…..

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What did your PSU power prior to the RX5600XT? You could take the CPU(only) over to a repair/retail shop and see if they can try the CPU out on a compatible motherboard to rule out your CPU being the culprit.

I'd also try and source a donor PSU for your build, the same unit, perhaps and see if you get any change with your system. Sadly for your motherboard, if you can't get to the BIOS screen(nor get display out) you can't flash the BIOS on the motherboard(it doesn't have a Q-Flash like option to flash the BIOS).

Just an FYI, the minimum BIOS version required on the motherboard in order to detect the i7 you've listed above is 7C75vA0, which should be the first BIOS...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What did your PSU power prior to the RX5600XT? You could take the CPU(only) over to a repair/retail shop and see if they can try the CPU out on a compatible motherboard to rule out your CPU being the culprit.

I'd also try and source a donor PSU for your build, the same unit, perhaps and see if you get any change with your system. Sadly for your motherboard, if you can't get to the BIOS screen(nor get display out) you can't flash the BIOS on the motherboard(it doesn't have a Q-Flash like option to flash the BIOS).

Just an FYI, the minimum BIOS version required on the motherboard in order to detect the i7 you've listed above is 7C75vA0, which should be the first BIOS revision by MSI so anything above that will still allow you to POST with a discrete GPU.

Solution