Question Pc won’t boot into windows and does not show the bios screen

May 30, 2023
My pc has been having problems for a while now and i’ve done every research I can. My pc does not boot into windows and it also does not show the “press f2 to enter bios” screen so I can’t even go into my bios. I also got a new psu and cmos battery recently and it did not fix the problem. Any idea what i can do to fix it?

Pc specs
Mobile - Prime b550M-A (wifi)
Gpu - Rtx 2070 super
Cpu - Ryzen 7 3700x
Ram - Ballistix 300mghz
Psu - EVGA 650W

Jun 4, 2023
What happens exactly when you boot up? Just a black screen? Fans spin? Any indicator lights or beeps from the mainboard? There's a whole slew of possibilities. If you replaced the CMOS battery, then most likely the BIOS was cleared/reset assuming the battery was dead and the memory of the BIOS was lost. If you got a new PSU as well I would make certain all the cables and components are well seated. Sometimes something can be just slightly loose and it won't boot properly. So yeah, just need a little more info on what happens exactly when you hit power and what you see on the mainboard/POST process.

May 30, 2023
What happens exactly when you boot up? Just a black screen? Fans spin? Any indicator lights or beeps from the mainboard? There's a whole slew of possibilities. If you replaced the CMOS battery, then most likely the BIOS was cleared/reset assuming the battery was dead and the memory of the BIOS was lost. If you got a new PSU as well I would make certain all the cables and components are well seated. Sometimes something can be just slightly loose and it won't boot properly. So yeah, just need a little more info on what happens exactly when you hit power and what you see on the mainboard/POST process.

so when i boot it up, the fans spin but they go really fast and then they slow down and it tries to post but it’s just a black screen. Unfortunately my mobo does not have any light troubleshooters or sounds to find out what’s wrong. it just repeats the fast fan and then slows down continuously unless i force shut it.

My pc has been having problems for a while now and i’ve done every research I can. My pc does not boot into windows and it also does not show the “press f2 to enter bios” screen so I can’t even go into my bios. I also got a new psu and cmos battery recently and it did not fix the problem. Any idea what i can do to fix it?

Pc specs
Gpu - Rtx 2070 super
Cpu - Ryzen 7 3700x
Ram - Ballistix 300mghz
Psu - EVGA 650W
The first step in diagnostics is to determine whether its a hardware or software problem. So the first thing you would normally do is disconnect all of your drives and see if it boots into bios since it has nowhere else to go. If not successful then it would be the hardware. If successful then you would next try booting from a usb containing either the windows installer or a linux distro. If the windows installer usb boots, you may be able to access some windows repair solutions. Or you may have no choice other than to reinstall windows. If there are vital files on your drive and you can boot a linux distro usb then you can use its file manager to move your vital files off to another drive before reinstalling windows. Note that only 1 drive should be connected at the time your reinstall windows.

May 30, 2023
The first step in diagnostics is to determine whether its a hardware or software problem. So the first thing you would normally do is disconnect all of your drives and see if it boots into bios since it has nowhere else to go. If not successful then it would be the hardware. If successful then you would next try booting from a usb containing either the windows installer or a linux distro. If the windows installer usb boots, you may be able to access some windows repair solutions. Or you may have no choice other than to reinstall windows. If there are vital files on your drive and you can boot a linux distro usb then you can use its file manager to move your vital files off to another drive before reinstalling windows. Note that only 1 drive should be connected at the time your reinstall windows.
I don’t really know what to do, i’ve booted without ram, gpu, cmos, and even my hard drive and have also reseated rams. my bios is corrupted and i don’t have a second bios so would a new mobo fix this problem?

Sep 23, 2023

Pc specs
Gpu - Rtx 2070 super
Cpu - Ryzen 7 3700x
Ram - Ballistix 300mghz
Psu - EVGA 650W
I had this same exact issue! My pc has the same mb, cpu and gpu as yours. It managed to boot up to the bios for me when I turn the pc on without a cmos battery. Used the bios default settings and managed to load the system successfully, so now my pc just runs without a cmos battery. Not sure how this affects my pc down the line. So I'm still trying to find a reason why this is happening, any advice would be helpful.

I've tried a few methods previously:
1. Replaced cmos battery
2. Reset cmos header according to mb manual
3. Changed my rams into different slots
All these did nothing.