Question PC won’t pass post.

Oct 29, 2022
After I hit the power button all of the lights turn on and fans start spinning. Everything seems fine except my power button starts flashing. My mother (Prime B660M-A D4) manual says that this flashing means no DRAM detected. I’ve tested 3 pairs of know working ram that I know work with the motherboard, and the RAMs lights turn on so I know the problem isn’t the ram. My next best guess is the issue is coming from my cpu (i7-13700k), because it is knew and the motherboards bios is likely outdated and can’t run it. To fix this I have to updated the bios, but I’m not sure how to do that without passing post. Can anyone help?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In a case like this you might consider returning the motherboard for the native chipset, consider taking it in to a shop to do it, or purchase the absolute least expensive native CPU and update the BIOS yourself.

Celeron G6900 (works with all BIOS revisions) $61:

Amazon.com: Intel Celeron G6900 Dual-core (2 Core) 3.40 GHz Processor - Retail Pack : Electronics

You need version 1620 for the 13xxx

PRIME B660M-A D4|Motherboards|ASUS Global

You could be on 0405. Make sure to read notes as to whether you have to install in increments.

Last edited:
Reactions: fzeruhn