[SOLVED] PC won’t start anymore after mixing old and new RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace010101

Prominent
Oct 26, 2022
Today I had received new ram. I had added the new ram to the spare two slots not realising that isn’t a good idea (old and new ram). Now the pc wouldn’t boot. I tried to reinstall the old RAM and it still won’t work. I had removed the CMOS battery and put it back and that also didn’t help. What do I do now?

Solution
Disconnect from the wall and display, clear the CMOS and reseat the old set of rams, then try to power up the build.

+
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the rams you were trying to work with(old and new) and the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Lutfij

Titan
Disconnect from the wall and display, clear the CMOS and reseat the old set of rams, then try to power up the build.

+
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the rams you were trying to work with(old and new) and the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.