Question PC won’t start anymore ?

Jul 13, 2024
I recently built this new PC:

5700x
Radeon 6600 (Gigabyte)
TeamForce 8x2(16gb) RAM
Thermaltake 700w PSU
512 M.2 + 1TB HDD

Was tidying up some cables and found that I could not get the PC to start anymore. Would run for 30 seconds, no output or other signs of issue, then loop seemingly infinitely.

What I’ve tried:
Completely reconnected every Cable on MB
Reseated CPU / checked for pin damage
Reseated CPU Cooler
Reseated GPU
Reseated RAM
Made sure that in use PSU cables weren’t tangled and free from obstruction

After at least 2 hours of painfully trying everything I could think of I was able to get Windows to start by moving the PC to another outlet in my room, removing a stick of RAM, and using a screwdriver on the CMOS Reset on the MB. Windows launched and I let it sit for awhile, powered everything off, reseated the other ram module, put the side panels back on, and moved the desktop back to the normal space where it would be, which immediately took me back to square one. I don’t necessarily think the ram is the issue since it’s been working fine for a few days and I didn’t do anything to impact that, but who knows.

Never experienced anything like this so looking for any suggestions

Recently built a new PC:

5700x
Radeon 6600 (Gigabyte)
TeamForce 8x2(16gb) RAM
Thermaltake 700w PSU
512 M.2 + 1TB HDD

Was tidying up some cables and found that I could not get the PC to start anymore. Would run for 30 seconds, no output or other signs of issue, then loop seemingly infinitely.

What I’ve tried:
Completely reconnected every Cable on MB
Reseated CPU / checked for pin damage
Reseated CPU Cooler
Reseated GPU
Reseated RAM
Made sure that in use PSU cables weren’t tangled and free from obstruction

After at least 2 hours of painfully trying everything I could think of I was able to get Windows to start by moving the PC to another outlet in my room, removing a stick of RAM, and using a screwdriver on the CMOS Reset on the MB. Windows launched and I let it sit for awhile, powered everything off, reseated the other ram module, put the side panels back on, and moved the desktop back to the normal space where it would be, which immediately took me back to square one. I don’t necessarily think the ram is the issue since it’s been working fine for a few days and I didn’t do anything to impact that, but who knows.

Never experienced anything like this looking for any suggestions
Remove this added stick of ram.....test.

If no help go back to outlet that worked......test.