Question PC won’t turn on when CPU Power is plugged in

brachiatenote8

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
The other day my PC was working fine then yesterday I went to turn is on and nothing happened. I then went to check to see if all the wires were connected correctly and it still wouldn’t turn on. After that I found that if I have the 4+4 pin connector unplugged from the CPU Power on my motherboard that all my lights and fans turn on but I still have no idea what’s exactly causing it not to function correctly when the CPU Power is connected to the motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
One of the following or all of them, are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM. And depending on what your CPU is, GPU too.

Btw, without full system specs, including PSU make and model; i can't even guess which of the 3 (or 4) would be most likely culprit.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?
Replacing of defective component(s).

brachiatenote8

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
One of the following or all of them, are dead: CPU, MoBo, RAM. And depending on what your CPU is, GPU too.

Btw, without full system specs, including PSU make and model; i can't even guess which of the 3 (or 4) would be most likely culprit.

Replacing of defective component(s).
My specs are:
GPU: AMD RX 6800
CPU: Intel i5-12400f
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GS
MOBO: MSI MAG B660M Bazooka
RAM: Silicon Power GAMING 16GB (2x 8)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
With your specs, most likely culprits are either MoBo or GPU.

Here, you need 2nd, compatible PC, where to test out all 4 components individually, to see which of them died.
Testing GPU is easiest, since all you need, is 2nd GPU to put in your system. More so, because taking out old GPU and putting new one in, is easy.

Testing RAM is also easy. But CPU testing needs 2nd MoBo and MoBo testing is the most tedious one.

If you do not have 2nd compatible PC, and/or doesn't want to deal with parts swap, haul your PC to PC repair shop and pay them for diagnostics and fix. Also, depending on when you bought your components, you may get the replacement under warranty.