[SOLVED] PC wont book automatically after a crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippsy99

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
All was (reasonably) well with my PC, admittedly running a bit slow lately, but working..
A few nights ago I was online reading MSN news (or some news site anyway) but nothing intensive, when I had a windows blue screen of death pop up.. Anyway, had to reboot, but to my horror, I just got the message "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press crtl-alt-del to restart"! And it kept doing this. I rebooted into the bios, and the bios see's all my drives (3 HDDs of which 1 has the OS and a SSD ive got installed and not activated yet) but still refused to boot straight into windows, just getting that error over and over.
I then tried f11 on boot.. to which it then asks me to choose the boot device! I select my OS drive and it boots up fine then and cannot seem to find any errors with the drive.
Two further days in a row now though, the only way I can start my PC is to use the f11 method, otherwise I get the can't find an OS error. Ive looked online, but can't seem to find any explanation or solution to why this is happening and how to sort it?? Anyone experienced this or know why its suddenly not automatically booting to windows?

crippsy99

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
I can't see how to delete posts, but all sorted now, turns out my bios had decided to change the boot priority order by itself, so of the 4 drives ive got, it decided the OS drive should be number 4 on the list, hence why it couldn't find the OS on the other drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS