Jul 27, 2016
Asus 1070 strix
Msi gaming z270 m5
750w evga supernova
SanDisk ssd
Samsung 850
Gskill trident 3200 mhz 14 14 14 34
Windows 10

Was upgrading my gpu drivers when partway through the installation the monitors went blank. Waited 5 minutes and couldn't hear audio or anything so I rebooted. It would not post before powering down. Removed gpu and plugged monitor into motherboard with display port cable and now things stay lit up and there's no instant power off but nothing happens. No display on monitor. Touching power button instantly powers down.

Edit: after leaving my pc on for a moment the LEDs are all turning off indicating their software is running. It seems now my issue is getting the display to work. I tried the DP and HDMI port and no signal is received. Do I need to do something special to get video out of the mobo

Edit 2: saw my desktop flash for a second before saying no signal with the DP

Solution
Plug your monitor into your motherboard I/O and run off of the IGPU from your 6700k. Once in Windows, locate and roll back (or forward) the drivers you were trying to update.

Once completed, plug your monitor back into your graphics card and attempt to boot.

Jwpanz

Honorable
Plug your monitor into your motherboard I/O and run off of the IGPU from your 6700k. Once in Windows, locate and roll back (or forward) the drivers you were trying to update.

Once completed, plug your monitor back into your graphics card and attempt to boot.

Solution