[SOLVED] PC won't boot after I dusted inside

Bugal Jackson

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
A few days ago, I bought a NAND SSD I planned to use, but I found it was incompatible my current setup of drives, meaning that it disables some SATA ports while installed, I did not know about this. While in the process, I was continuously powering the PC on and off, unplugging the PSU, trying to figure it out. It powered on fine during all this and after. But then I also figured I may as well do some dusting, so I powered off and unplugged and cleaned it out. But now, when I finished and tried to power back on, it does not. The cpu fan jumps a little, but that's all. I have taken apart the PC entirely about two times and put it back together, including the CPU. It is the same result every time. I tried the paper clip test on the PSU, the fan does spin. I don't know what else to do. Any idea?

Solution
Did you dust with compressed air or did you use a rag or vacuum? Rags or vacuumes can easily discharge static electricity, even the smallest spark you don't even notice can mess things up pretty easily.

GorillaMonsoon

Reputable
Feb 29, 2020
Did you dust with compressed air or did you use a rag or vacuum? Rags or vacuumes can easily discharge static electricity, even the smallest spark you don't even notice can mess things up pretty easily.

Solution